Update on hidden Permian Resources costs

I was checking on any updates regarding hidden Permain Resources costs and see the conversation seemed to stop December 2023. My my has a well with Perminan Resources so just checking if anyone has had any luck in 1) how do you determine if hidden costs have been taken? 2) Steps to take if hidden costs have been determined? thanks

I appreciate the information.

We are clueless on mineral rights and our info comes from this site.

Offers to purchase the rights come in a few times a week but we have no clue of the value.

1 Like

If you are getting offers constantly, then a “whole lot of someone’s know something-or think they do”. Usually offers come before the bit, so if you do not need to sell, then do not do so. Put the offers in date order and put in your files, but do not act on them. You can monitor activity on the Texas Railroad Commission site.

2 Likes

We are in the process of hiring an attorney to sue Permian, whose own attorney stated in an e-mail that Permian paid royalties based on sales at the wellhead, whereas our lease states very specifically royalties would be paid into the pipeline without any cost to us other than production taxes. Our attorney stated that there is a definite breach of lease and a cause of action is viable. Stay tuned.

5 Likes

Best of luck! :pray: Please keep everyone on this blog posted. Thanks

2 Likes

Helen2 - we are also interested in visiting an attorney familiar with Permian Resources’ practices as our lease also states we do not participate in production costs. Are you willing to share your attorney’s name? Thank you!

2 Likes

Slightly off topic but, has anyone else missed a Permian check? Anyone else having a hard time getting Permian to respond to queries regarding same?

Helen2, would you mind sharing your attorney? We have one in San Antonio, but want to see if there is another more experienced in the Pecos-Reeves area. Thanks!

I would also like a reference

We have used Robert Seiler from Caldwell East & Finlayson, this law firm helped us through the division order process and Family trust issues. They have not responded though to my inquiries about being part of a law suit regarding Permian hidden charges to date. It is my understanding that they are representing some folks for this purpose. They are located in San Antonio

1 Like

Hi GailB,

We have never had a late check from Permian since they acquired the barracuda wells from Centennial a little over a year ago. Permian as well has followed our lease to the letter, in the area of no costs or the free of costs clause our landman at the time added to the addendum that is a part of the lease.

Our attorney negotiated a lease in Reeves County for us. The Oxy/Young wells. He is from Austin. Patrick John Flueckiger. He is listed under the directory on this site. Very knowledgeable in oil and gas law in Texas. Highly recommend him.

We also have never had a late check from Permian Resources. I learned, when googling Permian, there are two: Permian Resources and another Permian, which is the one in financial difficulty.

If the operator ignores demands for a late payment fee outlined by the lease, is that grounds to terminate the lease? The operator is two years late and keeps delaying.

If the lease is terminated, does the lessor become a working interest owner?

You need an oil and gas attorney to review the exact terms of your lease to determine what your remedies are, including whether that is grounds for termination. There is no one-size answer to your question.

1 Like