Update of wells around Calumet

wells%20around%20Calumet.pdf

I wish I owned the minerals under sec 35, T13N, R9W. Five wells about to be drilled.

Gary what company? Larry

Larry, Devon is the company drilling the 5 well in section 35.

Thanks I found permit on Corp Comm site. Permit says 8 wells? My sisters visited the Trook well in Dewey county 2 weeks ago and they were in process of recovering fracing fluids so should be close to completion. Gas line and tanks all connected. Five wells would be real exciting. Larry

Larry, I hope your well does well.

A little off topic but looking for some answers if anyone can help. We have a well in Dewey county that they just pulled the rig off of this week. How can we find out the status of the well at this point? Who do we talk to? We've been there a few times to watch from a distance but never actually on the well site so didn't know if we were allowed to come onto the area due to safety reasons. H&P is the contractor for Devon. What will be the next step in the process and how long before we should expect it to be completed?

You are right, you will not be allowed at the site. Too many safety items in play. The status of the well can be a very elusive thing to find out. If Devon has a field office in the area call them and they may be able to help you. If not call Devon in OKC and try to get through to an engineer that is working with that particular well and you may get some good info. Finding the right person in a large company like Devon can be a nightmare. You might call H&P and see if they can give you an engineers name that was supervising the well.

What will happen next? Since the rig is off, assuming that the well is perforated, I would think a frac job would be next. With all the activity in Oklahoma that well may have to get in line for the equipment to be available to frac it. I have no idea how long that would be, it could be next week or two months from now. After the frac, the well will have to "clean up" meaning it will have to discharge the frac fluid and start flowing the gas and oil. That will take at least a week. Then comes the hook up meaning the producing equipment has to be attached to the well as well as a tank battery need to be set for the fluids. If the well is close to other producing wells a gathering system is probably in place. If not, then the well will have to be attached to the nearest pipe line for gas and the liquids may be trucked out.

After the well starts producing, and you are looking for checks associated with your royalty interest, the rule in Oklahoma is that a producing company has 6 months to start paying you. Not good news, but that is the way it is. From other posts in this forum it seems that Devon is behind in paying the royalty owners now.

Bottom line is that it will be a while before you see some checks. Devon is making a lot of noise about how much they are going to ramp up production in Oklahoma and that may mean that they will finish the completion on your well as soon as they can. That could mean that your well may be completed and flowing in the next 30 to 60 days.

Good luck with all of it.

Karen Klein said:

A little off topic but looking for some answers if anyone can help. We have a well in Dewey county that they just pulled the rig off of this week. How can we find out the status of the well at this point? Who do we talk to? We've been there a few times to watch from a distance but never actually on the well site so didn't know if we were allowed to come onto the area due to safety reasons. H&P is the contractor for Devon. What will be the next step in the process and how long before we should expect it to be completed?

Thanks for the good information. I’ll do some followup and see what I can find out on the status of the well.

Hey, Karen I took some pictures of our well throughout the process, click the link below and see what you should expect at you well.

Comment by Gary on April 23, 2011 at 9:32pm

Delete Comment

I thought maybe those of you that don't live near your well might like to see some photos of the process from drilling to completion to production.

Devon%20Well.pdf

Hi Our well was completed in Dewey county in the last 6-8 weeks. I was lucky to find out about production because it was mentioned in Continental Res. second quarter report that came out earlier this month. Other than you may have to see in paper and that takes awhile. The Corporation Website does not seem to update often. Easy to find permit but that is about it. I guess I am bold but my sister, brother-in-law and I went on well site while they were drilling and after they were done with the frac. We were at well site when they were at 9600 feet and talked rig boss and went into Continentals trailer. Rig boss was real nice and said he would have taken us on tour but they were laying casing that day. There were two Continental reps. in the trailer. One answered alot of our questions. The other was not as talkative but nice. One rep told us Continental was maybe going to bring one of their Eco Rigs down from the Bracken in the Dakotas. Their web site has a great video on the Eco rig. No one was around when we went back Memorial day weekend but the gas line was on ground and the ditch was dug to main line. The tanks and other equipment were in place. Since then my sister and bother in law were out one day and well was flowing. The oil companies have improved the deep sandy roads in Dewey county by hauling in rock so the big trucks do not get stuck. Anyway don be afraid to drive to site and check with company reps in one of the trailers. All they can do is tell you to leave. I would just not go to close to the rig. Larry

Gary Some great pictures. I have taken several of our well in Dewey County. Larry

Gary said:

Hey, Karen I took some pictures of our well throughout the process, click the link below and see what you should expect at you well.

Comment by Gary on April 23, 2011 at 9:32pm

Delete Comment

I thought maybe those of you that don't live near your well might like to see some photos of the process from drilling to completion to production.

Devon%20Well.pdf

Karen What is your legal description in Dewey County? I will keep a watch out for you. Larry

Karen Klein said:

Triple J at Sec. 02 17N 15W. We get up there about every two weeks. Sister and brother-in-law retired and moved back here to help care for mom. She’s now gone but they are living in the old farm house next to the site so they try to keep us informed on what’s happening but they don’t know much more than we do. I’ve taken a boat-load of pictures so far. I think they are transitioning now that the rig has just been taken off site but we don’t know what to expect next. Thanks, Larry.

I am about 6miles south and 7 East of you at Section 1 16N 14W. I have printed a map with sections of Dewey County and record wells when they are listed in Tulsa World so will let you know but will be 30-60 days to complete. I called Devon one time and someone actually returned my call so you might try in a couple of months. Larry

Karen Klein said:

Triple J at Sec. 02 17N 15W. We get up there about every two weeks. Sister and brother-in-law retired and moved back here to help care for mom. She's now gone but they are living in the old farm house next to the site so they try to keep us informed on what's happening but they don't know much more than we do. I've taken a boat-load of pictures so far. I think they are transitioning now that the rig has just been taken off site but we don't know what to expect next. Thanks, Larry.

Gary and Larry, I'm wondering if you can tell me where you are finding the information about 5 or 8 wells in sec35. I see on the permit under increased density that it says 8 wells but I think that means these are wells that were already there. I noticed that at least one of them dates back to 1994. If additional wells were about to be drilled wouldn't there be a separate permit for each one? I'm still learning my way around the occ website so maybe I'm missing something.

Hey Michael, you need to search the OCC site using section 2, T12N, R9W. That is the section just south of sec 35, T13N, R9W. One of the well pads they used to drill under section 35 is actually on sec 35, the other 4 wells will be drilled from two well pads on sec 2. Each of the well pads will have 2 wells drilled from them. I was out there today and one of the rigs is down, the other 2 are still drilling.

Michael Hutchison said:

Gary and Larry, I'm wondering if you can tell me where you are finding the information about 5 or 8 wells in sec35. I see on the permit under increased density that it says 8 wells but I think that means these are wells that were already there. I noticed that at least one of them dates back to 1994. If additional wells were about to be drilled wouldn't there be a separate permit for each one? I'm still learning my way around the occ website so maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks Gary, I saw the entries for sec 2 but didn’t realize the connection to sec 35. If they are drilling from one section into another would this be considered a 1280 acre section?

Gary said:

Hey Michael, you need to search the OCC site using section 2, T12N, R9W. That is the section just south of sec 35, T13N, R9W. One of the well pads they used to drill under section 35 is actually on sec 35, the other 4 wells will be drilled from two well pads on sec 2. Each of the well pads will have 2 wells drilled from them. I was out there today and one of the rigs is down, the other 2 are still drilling.

Michael Hutchison said:

No, they are drilling north into section 35 from the north edge of section 2. They will drill vertical down to more that 10,000 ft and then begin the bend to horizonal. By the time they get the hole going completely horizonal they will be under section 35. There will be no production from section 2.

Michael Hutchison said:

Thanks Gary, I saw the entries for sec 2 but didn't realize the connection to sec 35. If they are drilling from one section into another would this be considered a 1280 acre section?

Gary said:

Michael Hutchison said:

They did same thing in our section in Dewey county. They drilled Vertically on our section and then went horizontal north. Woe got all excited when we first saw rig. I called Devon and was told not on our section. I looked permit up on occ site and it showed two legal descriptions. One where well was spudded and one for section of horizontal drilling. Larry Gary said:
No, they are drilling north into section 35 from the north edge of section 2. They will drill vertical down to more that 10,000 ft and then begin the bend to horizonal. By the time they get the hole going completely horizonal they will be under section 35. There will be no production from section 2.

Michael Hutchison said:
Thanks Gary, I saw the entries for sec 2 but didn't realize the connection to sec 35. If they are drilling from one section into another would this be considered a 1280 acre section?

Gary said:

Michael Hutchison said:

Thanks Guys,

I was under the mistaken impression that if the hole was drilled in your section that you shared in the royalties. I learn a little more each day.