Unsigned leases

i just need an expert to go over the unsigned lease Turner Oil and Gas sent the other day for my tiny little lot, make the wise adjustments i would need, answer the questions should i sign a lease in the first place and what would happen or not happen if i don't and if i should hold out for the same bonus that the prior owner had of $5,500ish, who let the property go into default or should i take the low blow offer they are offering me now...IS THERE ANYONE COMPETENT THAT WOULD DO THAT FOR ME FOR A REASONABLE PRICE? HELLO IS THERE ANYONE WHO WILL DO THIS FOR ME?

Ms. Stalion, if the previous lese was from before the crash of 2009 when natural gas prices (and oil) plummeted, $5,500 may not be realisic for a house lot unless it is an acre in size. I would suggest you contact one of the mineral managers from this forum. You would probably have some bonus money left over after their fee. I wouldn't be as sure of that with a lawyer. Best wishes; RWK

Patricia Stalion said:

Patricia Stalion said:

thank u for ur reply...i decided to upload my lease...i would love to see someone upload a lease that has been tweeked by an expert! or an edited version of mine with red pen...

r w kennedy said:

Ms. Stalion, if the previous lese was from before the crash of 2009 when natural gas prices (and oil) plummeted, $5,500 may not be realisic for a house lot unless it is an acre in size. I would suggest you contact one of the mineral managers from this forum. You would probably have some bonus money left over after their fee. I wouldn't be as sure of that with a lawyer. Best wishes; RWK

how would one go about hiring one of these mineral managers on this site?

Ms. Stalion, my choice would be Buddy Cotten. Buddy writes blogs for this forum and is at the top of the popular contributors. You can click on his avatar and go to his page and find a link to his website. I think his rates are reasonable and if you get a producing well, I'm sure the assistance you get will pay for itself. I recommend that people get a check for payment on their lease. An order for payment is a super IOU, unenforceable, as are the drafts they use or bills of exchange. A hot check you can take to the district attorney, big difference.

Patricia Stalion said:

how would one go about hiring one of these mineral managers on this site?

I will agree with this. Try getting an agreement from them for over $500,000 and not get a damn dime!

This is worse than a bank draft! If you have been following post on this site take a look at class action lawsuits against oil companies. One in Particular. Go to the Google search engine and do a search on Burke Royalty vs. Chesapeake and read this. One company backs out on a deal with another oil company. Just think what they might do to mineral owners!

i am sure they have enough signatures to do what ever they want so why why why do they want my signature? the post lady came to my door very excited a few months ago and had me sign for a letter and she said, "i wanted to see the look on your face when you open it," i screamed when i saw the $5,500ish on the check but, was let down when i waved goodbye to her and finished opening it and saw it was made out to the prior owner, who defaulted, soooooooo, not really exited about a $1,099 check at this point...actually it upsets me...truly i would rather do with out. truly...i am not kidding. i would like and do need to get the lease tweeked into acceptable terms and i would like someone to do that for me and i hope i can get that done asap, would be so interesting to compare the changes, but, as far as signing and accepting what seems to be a low blow offer on what is likely going to be a well that produces aplenty well,