Unexpected Inheritance

Please bear with me as I try to explain something i know nothing about!

I am in the process of proving ownership through inheritance of mineral rights in Ward County. In 2018 a landman named Roe Sams contacted me and my brother to lease these rights. We were unaware my late uncle owned them. The terms were sketchy and the bonus was small, so we blew it off until a step relative got involved claiming ownership. I am dealing with Battalian Oil now (was Halcon) and they won’t give me any info until I can prove ownership. I would like to know if this well is producing and if our small fraction is worth pursuing.

My paperwork lists Tracts1-6 in Section 206 Block 34 totaling about 390 acres I count 54 names on the list of owners. The drilling permit was 842578.

I know this isn’t much info, but hopefully someone on this form can guide me.

I am not much help with all of this but I did find two horizontal wells going through what you describe. I am sure others here with more experience will chime in and hopefully point you in the right direction . What I did fine was this though. The Red Solid borders indicate S206, B34, in Ward county. also an API # 47537635 and the one below.

The two wells reference by Mikro1TX are producing wells. Each well has been producing 80000 to 100000 MCF per month. See RRC lease 289170 for well API 42-475-37635. See RRC lease 289121 for well API 42-475-37626. Both wells start in A-724 and end in A-282. RRC map may be handy for you : https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer/

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.