Unclaimed mineral interests

I have a question related to this topic. The Unclaimed Property Division in OK City notified me that there is unclaimed property in my late father’s name associated with a parcel I knew nothing about. It is in Pittsburgh County 18-16N-14E.

When I called the county clerk and asked for a copy of the deed, she was unable to find my father’s name related to this parcel or, in fact, any information about the parcel itself. He is associated with another property and I have the deed for that.

The clerk needed more information. The unclaimed property division gave me the parcel number, the property ID number, the name of the holder, the holder ID and the year in 1985, as well as my father’s name. Why would this deed not be on record with the county and yet known by the unclaimed property division? Where can I find the information about this parcel in order to acquire the deed? Thank you!

To search Pittsburg County try this site:
Pittsburg County Online to approximately 1989 Keep in mind that it is possible that legal description relates to the site of the well but the minerals produced may be from a different section.

As far as proof of your father’s connection to Oklahoma, you might try searching his name in the court records. You might find a marriage license, divorce or other record there. https://www.oscn.net/dockets/Search.aspx

Birth or death certificates may also shed light on your father’s previous address. You may also supplement your information with obituaries or other public records. Tim Griffin is a private investigator who may have access to records that might help. 405.675.9114

1 Like

Another possibility is if your father ever executed an oil and gas lease or a deed with his spouse at that time. So, if Jack executed an oil and gas lease with Sally, and you have an obit that shows that Jack was married to Sally and left you and your siblings as heirs, I would hope that would satisfy the Treasurer’s office.

1 Like

my father passed and his wife passed and I have a representative of his estate, but she tried to tell everyone I was not his daughter and told him not to put me on his claims, Marine insurance ,401k and she has passed also and I can’t fine one asset of my father’s and i know he had alot the declaration of rep has so many different oil places and I know of two I have now but I am lost don’t know what he had and where and can’t find his assets I am only child there is no one else thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.