Unauthorized lease

Found out a little while back that our family owns ~ 95 acres of mineral rights in Greenbrier district, Doddridge County, WV. Got a letter from JRS Land Co. for offer to buy my share of mineral rights. Offer is for " Purchase price (220) x royalty interest (12.5%) x 7.03acres= $21,907.50. Said ownership of land discovered when person thought they owned 100% of the oil and gas and agreed to sell to JRS. After title was complete JRS found a 1/2 royalty reservation in 1899. My great grandfather and another had purchased half the royalty on the 95.13 acres in 1925 of which I learned I own 8.33% of the oil and gas under these tracts. Dodridge Co. had tax records slip through cracks, but we got things straightened out after finding out our interest in property. Letter from JRS states "whereas, the minerals & royalties are currently subject to an existing oil, gas, and mineral lease, dated June 27, 2007 Recorded in Book 216, Page 364 of the offricial deed records of Doddridge County Clerk, which provides for a (12.5%) lessor's royalty and no other burdens against lessor's roaylty interest."

I did not sign this agreement.

Is this offer fair and/or what should we do about our rights being leased out from under our authorization?

Charles,

The offer is Very low!!! I would strongly recommend you seek the advise of an attorney, there may be significant claims for you to pursue.

In my humble opinion, JRS is one of the worse buyers to deal with.

Definitely a low offer.

More importantly, do you know if there has been any production based off that lease? You would be due some royalties.