Tyler County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Just read the article…posted…printed, and into my “scrapbook.”

Nancy, I think we have written more than the newspapers would have. Lol What would be great if people would listen to what is being written concerning their minerals. So many people are too trustworthy and think that the oil companies are looking out for them. When they finally figure it out they are left with a empty feeling and their mineral interests tied for the next umpteen years. When I found out from your research, that Antero “obtained” some our families mineral property, I was more furious with them than I was before. Oh well, as cousin says, this is just business and don’t let your feelings get in the way. Huh??

www.wvsoro.org The article mentioned this as well. Just bookmarked that!

Will take a look right now. My landman lives in Parkersburg.

Thanks DT. I think I need to subscribe to the online version. Keep up with things. You’re right that it would have been great if the local papers had been writing about this all along.

There could be more? That’s the local one. Nice to know folks are looking out for one another.

You’re right DT that you and have been learning about leasing for awhile now and can spot some bad terms. Still, not a bad idea to keep up with the local news. I get the Ritchie Gazette and Pennsboro News. If anybody knows what the local paper is for Tyler please say so, and I recommend getting a subscription especially if you live out of the area.

And “just business” is hard to take sometimes, yes? especially when it goes back a few generations. Great grandpa would have wanted everybody to stick together.

Deby, keep learning! You’ll be ready when you need to be.

Hi I am new to this forum didn’t discover until yesterday. I am located in the Lincoln district of tyler Co and am currently negotiating a lease, have been since June 2013. We have finally had enough with our landman and r waiting to be contacted from a actual employee of the co and hoping for a totally different experience all together. I am full of questions but one there is one that I am surprised at the lack of discussion about. My property is about 1 mile “as the crow flies” from the heavy hitting Stewart winland pad. I would think that after striking big there, value and offers would start climbing in the area but have seen no evidence of that. I guess what I am asking is does anyone have any insight into whether that should change things for our area or not?

Just to let you know I leashed my property for $4000 acre and 19% royalty in Tylor county. Very close to the Jug if you want I’m talking about. Now saying that probably someone did better. I also have property in Monroe co. Ohio I got $5000 acre and 21%. I have a friend that had 26 acres in Sardis Ohio just across the river from Tyler co. He got $5900 acre and 21% . They drilled a well used his 26 acres. He just got his first 3 month check $20000.00 . So what I’m saying don’t be afraid to ask for more. I know you don’t know me but I did do a lot of checking ask lots of people build on there experiences Good luck

Anybody got word on what Nobel’s doing?

Hello…we signed our lease agreement for deep wells close to a year ago with Noble. I now live in South Carolina and was wondering, besides calling Noble, how I can keep up with what is going on? Let’s just suppose they have started… How would I know when I should start getting my first payment…not to say that they would just keep on pumping or drilling and not send a check…just wondering? Thanks for any and all help…you guys are a great asset.

1 Like

Hi Scott Seckman,

If you know where your property is, you can go here WV Office Oil and Gas map

and put in Noble for the operator, Tyler for the county, and maybe 01/01/2012 till today for the dates. You might see several wells, zoom in and see if any are near your property.

Or you can go here WV Office Oil and Gas Permit list

and use the same criteria, and get some permit numbers, and then go to the map and put in the permit numbers.

You can go here WV Office Oil and Gas Horizontal page

and look to the right side, near the middle, and select Signup for OOG Mailing List and View the List archives

and choose Tyler and get emails when new permits are issued or applied for.

You can go here WV Office Oil and Gas Weekly Reports

and see what has been happening the last week: the Permits list has new, modified, and cancelled permits. The Well records has completion reports when wells are completed, what was found at different levels. The Plugging affidavits are when a well is plugged. These Weekly Reports come out sometime on Mondays unless that is a holiday.

Since you are in Tyler, you can go here Tyler county tax and document inquiry

and choose Document inquiry.

Select Business and put in Noble. Document type: OG which will give you declarations of pooling, when they are ready to produce from the well. I hear that it is months usually from drilling to declaration of unit because they have to have all the leases in order. Then more months from that until you get a division order. Then more months before you get a check.

There is a lot to check on, and remember: it is a business so learn as much as you can about it. If you keep reading on this forum and other similar ones (check out Doddridge County, a lot going on there), check the WV Office of Oil and Gas regularly, and subscribe to the local paper, you can learn quite a lot.

If he were a grantor in a deed, that should mean that he no longer owns what he granted. A grantor in a lease needs investigation. And some work. You would need to see the leases where he leased to a company, see the term (2 year, 5 year, etc) but also see what other terms are there. You could take the grantee’s name for the lease and search the grantor index for that name to see if the lease has been assigned. If you know the part of the county where the property lies, you could search the WV Office of Oil and Gas database for the area, see what wells are there, see if still producing. I left out some steps and some details. See what you find. Are you his heir?

Keep looking through the list. It is great that Tyler has these documents online to look at for free. Is there a will for the greatuncle? If so and if filed, there is a separate index for wills, for the older records. See what you find.

NEED HELP

Discovered my great uncle’s name several times listed in The General Index to DEEDS, LEASES, Etc.-TYLER COUNTY WV GRANTORS 113

What do I do now to find out if any of these DEEDS or LEASES with his name on them are still active?

Thanks Nancy, this was are great uncle and my two sisters and I are all that are left so I am assuming we are the heirs.

Hi TJ! The part about $500 per well is unusual. Do you own the surface?

$1,500/acre is really low for a lease on mineral rights in Tyler County.

Seven years for the primary term is also pretty long. Usually I’ve seen five years, and Antero has been pushing hard for a five year automatic extension. Some other haven’t.

Tyler and Wetzel are great places to have minerals right now. It sounds to me like DAC may be trying to get a lease from you to flip to somebody else. You’ll get a better offer from the actual developer, if that’s the case. But don’t go burning bridges with DAC. You may be able to get a reasonable lease out of them. Flippers can sometimes give you much better terms, even if they can’t give you a much better price.

Nobel energy has been behind the forced pooling!! CEO mix Flemming’s was sweet as wine before contacted sighed. Bitter indifferent now! I was told well work to began first of year. Been waiting to hear something on it. Call the landsman, was informed he is no longer on it. Note: makes two landmen in a year. So contacted Flemming’s again. Got machine. She called back hateful like. Demeaning in tone like you dumb hillbilly why you bugging me. Before I could ask was told, Nobel does not have to tell me anything they are doing on my land. With my minerals. I informed her by the contract I’m paying for it drill and stuff, so I would like to know, she said that’s right but we still won’t tell you. I said that can’t right. Bet you won’t get another contract from me. She just when on with ; we don’t know if the well when dug will hit. I said yeah right. (See I research the wet and dry gas. Land set’s dead center of that part of a very big field.) She got more testy, I ask were you behind the forced pooling? She said yes, smugly. I said people up here won’t go for that. She said well the vote was close. Then she said I don’t respond well to threats over no new contracts. I said that was not a threat. I don’t respond well to being in the dark over my own land an rights. I hung up. Now before the contract was sighed she was all sweet with ( you part of Nobel now come up to pa for coffee.)Now all hate and vinegar. Becareful with nobel they seem to be snakes that are trying to steal from us.

I have mineral interests on the Tyler/Pleasants line in Union district. Wondering what a good offer is. There’s five acres split between 3 heirs I believe. Is there any activity going on with offers yet?

I got $4000 and 19% in Tyler co WV