Tyler County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Probably not. He’s going through me as his POA, and if I don’t sign, he’s threatened to re-write his will and POA (not that I would mind)

Mike,

There are too many variables to give you an accurate answer. Firstly, was this a horizontal or vertical well? Secondly, a production company will not report their production for 2015 until March 1, with their required WR39 reports. Lastly, frequently there is a numerous month delay from initial production, to first payment.

I would recommend you call Jay-Bee’s Cairo, WV office and ask the status of your situation. It has been my experience that the WV offices for Jay-Bee to be helpful, whenever possible.

Congrats on the well,
WJ

Since my Dad is the owner (he’s 85) , how can I find out exactly what’s going on at the property?

I think if it starts with 9999- or the 9999 is somewhere there, it is not surface but just some kind of minerals. There probably is a two digit designation for the district on a mineral tax account as well as a surface one.

he says he wants to enjoy life (while screwing his descendants)

They offered about $1650/acre, has countered with about $3500/net acre and they accepted. This is for royalties only.

Sorry to hear that…

Too bad you can’t buy it from him instead.

I wish that was option

I do have tax receipts, is the tax ID the account number on the receipt? ##-####-########? I’ve left a message with Tyler Co Assessor.

so 01-9999-00004860 would be the tax ID

Just a quick “THANKS to Wilson & Nancy” for all the info. And also, for the web link Nancy posted on my “Random Questions” discussion forum.

Very helpful.

I am looking for relatives/friends/heirs who share rights with me in the Muddy Creek area? (maybe more?)…my lease is currently with JB. There is also a current civil suit filed #T3123…looking for conversation…no drama.

In March of 2016 I got a letter from Jay Bee about my interest rights on producing wells with a property name of Grumpy 3.I have never sold or authorized any rights or leases to a company of this name.Does anyone know what is going on with this group?

Maybe your lease was assigned (sold) to Jay Bee?

I’ll second what Nancy said. Jay Bee is pretty active in Tyler and Pleasants counties. Here’s the Well Work Permit. (.pdf) You might find some interesting info there.

Larry, my research reflects GPS coordinates for the Sleepy 3 well (API 095-02144) to be: 39.475384 -80.738753 You can enter them directly into Google or Bing Maps to see where it is, in reference to other parts of Tyler County.

Cheers

HELLO EVERYONE…JUST NEED TO KNOW WHY WOULD MY MINERAL INTEREST PERCENTAGE BE DIFFERENT FROM THE DIVISION PERCENTAGE IN MY OIL AND GAS OWNERSHIP.

COULD SOMEONE GIVE ME A NAME OF A ATTORNEY IN TYLER COUNTY THAT COULD PERHAPS HELP ME ?

Hi Mary, you can go to this discussion on division order calculation

and see if it helps answer your question about your percentage.

Hello All !!

Would like to thank Nancy and WV Mineral Owner for your wise advise and share of knowledge. I know I have lots to learn. I plan to stay in touch to make that happen. Today my siblings and I retained an Attorney in WV to help negotiate on our behalf. One thing I have learned is if you do not know what you are doing you better make sure someone has your back. Strongly urge you seek out these two for advise. Another benefit: we have connected with distant relatives who received the same Gas Oil lease options we did who are sharing family information too. Great tool for all. Thanks again. Arlene

has anyone heard anything on the EQT and StatOil buyout and what is happening to the permits StatOil had?