Tyler County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Bonuses have gone down a bit in Tyler. You previously could count on being able to negotiate up to $4,000/acre, and a little higher if you really pushed them and they had some money left in their budget. You can still negotiate for an 18% royalty, and maybe more if you have a large percentage of ownership of a large tract. I know that some people have said they’ve negotiated for 20% on the royalties.

Kyle you stated $4000.00 an acre? The offer I was sent was for the sign on bonus being for 54.75 acres only $5500.00 for a five year term. 18% royalty. I also have an active well that I have no idea who is over and getting payment for. Along with four or other properties in other counties all around Tyler County.

Your situation would be easier to figure out but, more information is needed. What piece of property has an active well? How much of the 54.75 acres do you own and is that where the well is? If there is an active well on that property then there should be an active lease. If you are an heir, you or someone in your family is getting a check. Probably need to get with the company and find out who is who on this well. There are two kinds of property one is leased and one is not. The leased property is a done deal and the company may want you to sign a form. This form is to allow for horizontal drilling on a lease. The not leased property is where you can negotiate lease terms including bonus money to sign.

Yogie Gidley, you can go here Tyler tax and document search

and see if you can find anything. Choose either Tax or Document. I found one tax listing with your last name, might be a relative, or not.

I did not find anything under the document search. This is only the newer documents.

If this is somehow related to your interests, and you have more questions, please ask. DT is quite correct in his answer. Not enough information provided to sort things out.

You people are lucky to have Kyle on here as a contributor. He has give a lot of good info for free. Maybe some of the other people, who reap the benefits of the posts on here, would like to step up and post some knowledgeable info. The way I see it, if you have already leased then you have nothing to do, but sit back and wait and then wait some more. Kyle has clients on these sites and he sometimes asks questions from posters that may benefit his clients. That is a fair tradeoff for all the info he has given.

Thanks for that DT. Yes Kyle really has helped a lot of people, and he tells it like he sees it. Sometimes it is not us vs them but see how it can work for all of us. Other times it really might be us vs them ha-ha. And DT your information from the area is very helpful to those of us who live farther away. Thanks for that.

I don’t jump on the forum often, but I read most, Mr mcyoung must have a chronic bad attitude, Kyle is my family’s attorney, he has helped us and many on this forum, lots of free advice and voluntary info. We are fortunate to have his input.

WV Blue, any updates as to what’s going on on the Vivian pad will be appreciated.

Thanks guys. I can only work with the information I have. The most I’ve been able to negotiate a lease for in Tyler is $4,500/acre, and that was when we had a bidding war between Antero and JayBee. I’ve heard of higher, and I’ve been trying to drive prices up. The more you guys make the more I make, after all. I can’t get the highest prices usually because my clients have smaller net mineral interests. Someone with all the interest under a large tract will be able to work out a better deal. Always, always, always ask for more than you think you can get.

Kyle, the road is graded and stoned. Drove back to the pad site on Saturday and there were a few trucks and pieces of equipment sitting. Didn’t see any pipeline work yet.

Not ready to drill yet?

Ii am an heir to my late husbands Gregory Alan Gidley’s, Mother Judith A. Jackson’s , Mother’s Arlean Jackson’s property. Was contacted by several companies that had me listed in with a group of family members. Then later was told I would have to be blood related, at that point my daughter had finally become of age so she was contacted and listed as an heir. (Finding that their was a Widow’s Dower Law) they added me back into the mix. I have yet to contact each company but who would be knowledgeable on this matter and why would they include a Widow, then later exclude and then include once more?

DT is correct about the will, but also that “trust but verify” seems to be a good thing to keep in mind for the oil and gas companies. The dower rule could be something that West Virginia has and some other states, where the landmen work, do not have, and they were confused.

Readthis section, 42, and the next, 43, to see what the law says. I am not a lawyer, but it looks like they need your signature.

Could have been your husbands will document. These companies don’t always get things right. You have to take it upon yourself to search the records and not take their facts as being right.

DT, I have been checking vital statistics on Tyler Co. web site, I could only find records back to 1883 but no info on C.I.Powell. I tried to pull up the tax records but the page just stays blank. I will try again later. As far as I know there is no older lease, I will try to check that out also. I appreciate all your help. This sure is complicated.

Hi Nancy, I got the info from the lease Antero sent me. I can’t pull up the old deeds. There is a Microsoft download which I downloaded but the message won’t go away even after I removed it. I have pulled up the sites given in this forum. I now know my great Grandfathers name was Isaac Newton Epling & my Great Grandmother was Yilda F. Bartlett. I could find no birth or death info for her, just a marriage certificate. I feel ashamed for not doing this research sooner & am only doing it now because it involves money. I didn’t do anything to earn the money & now I am being greedy.

Thanks Nancy, I will try again. I am using Chrome but will now use IE. I will apply for a membership in Ancestry.

I am now trying to find a deed to the property-deed dated 3/1/1896, Deed book 29 page 23.

Not being greedy! They would want you to have it. Re the site, were you able to use Internet Explorer as a browser? That Silverlight thing atays there on Chrome and maybe Firefox but goes away on IE. If you have membership in Ancestry, it might help. Later, Nancy

I found the deed & saved it but I still can’t print it because I didn’t join Ancestry yet. It was so easy with IE. You’re a life saver!