Tyler County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Yes Kyle, 02042, 02043, 0241 and 0240. It’s too bad Triad is in this position. They are a local company that has been leasing since the 1980’s as Gedco Oil and Gas. They had a great position in Tyler County and let it slip through their fingers. They were getting many leases until early 2000’s for $10 an acre 12.5% royalty.

Would this be the API number for one of those horizontals? 095-02042.

I wouldn’t be too surprised that Triad Hunter isn’t paying. They’re on the list for companies that are likely to go under during this bust cycle. They are leveraged to the hilt and beyond. That said, they do seem to have a plan and to be following it, and have weathered what is probably (hopefully) the worst of the downturn.

Triad just entered into an agreement with an unnamed party to sell 5,210 net acres of its undeveloped lease acreage in Tyler.

Noble Energy SHR3 pad is drilled and rig has moved to the SHR40 pad and is currently drilling. Noble Energy SHR31 and SHR30 pad access road off Jefferson Run is currently under construction.

Nothing recorded as of today in the Tyler website for Triad sales.

Thanks for the info, WV Blue. It’s nice to have boots on the ground.

Anybody hear who Triad sold their interest to? A quick Google search hasn’t yielded any articles written after the date of the sale.

Odd. I remember one of the articles saying that the deal was supposed to close the next day. I’d expect the Assignment to be filed pretty quickly thereafter. Maybe they’re still working some details out.

Anybody want to boast about their signing bonus/royalty percentage? I like to keep up on the top dollar paid so that I can drive it up.

Not recorded yet on the Tyler website. Will keep looking (for the assignment Triad to Antero)

Looks like Seeking Alpha is reporting that Antero bought the Triad/Magnum Hunter acreage. Not a big surprise, but nice to have it confirmed. Hat Tip to Nancy Mosley who pointed it out to me.

For those of you that are not receiving your royalty payments but only getting interest payments, I had a meeting last week with a member of the energy committee and aired those concerns. Wednesday we had another meeting after the energy committee met at the end of last week. Antero specifically stated they are only paying interest payments on those lessors whose division orders are not complete. If there are other concerns about late royalty payments please post them. Kyle, I brought up the fact that local attorneys are available for this work.

And I’m not the only local attorney available to do this kind of work. Thanks for bringing that up, though.

I was not aware that oil and gas companies were making interest payments on royalties due.

The only thing that makes me feel better is no phone calls from anyone attached to Antero. The only thing that will make us act better is, a check to add to our retirement checks. Lol Yeah, they wanted our tract that was in their plans, since they were drilling up the road. When they want your tract, then they will go to no expense legally to get it. All they would have had to do was, give 8 people better royalty terms. They had already “stole” 2/3 of the other heirs interest so, that would have made it simple. They are not about simple though but, they are about control. When you ask for better terms they say, you want “noncommercial terms” which in plain terms means unreasonable. Imagine Antero having unreasonable in their leases???

Kyle, as for bonus payments we got in Ritchie. We had an offer of 3000. and 18% until Antero summons the family for a partition suit. Then, they let go a bunch contract land agents and prices declined. Then they offered everyone 2000. and cried the blues about how much they had put into the suit in filing and attorney fees da da. I would have liked to have made them spend more of their money but, was overruled by the rest of the family. We still got the 18% but, I still would have held out for better royalty terms. I would like to post a copy of the summons on this site but, have not. You can best believe the company tries to make you look like the villain and them the victim.

They forget to mention that it was their own choice to file the partition suit. You didn’t make them do that. They just got jumpy.

A lot of people were negotiating up to $2500/acre in Ritchie before the great landman catstrophe of January 2015, so signing on for $2000/acre after that isn’t really all that bad. Not sure if that will make you feel better or not, but there it is.

People tend to underestimate the importance of negotiating the royalty terms.

Oops sorry it’s Vivian Wells pad API 095-0220

For those of you in the EQT Vivian Underwood pad site construction is in progress. The road is cut and limestone is being hauled in. That would be from Low Gap. Noble Energy rig drilling on the SHR 40 pad appears to be idled.

What is the sign on bonus and the price per acre price and the percentage on gas and oil lease properties in Tyler County?

WV Blue, I’m interested in the Vivian Well pad. Will you be able to tell when they start drilling on it?

Kyle. I have been given “special consideration” to drive through the well pad. Not sure exactly what that consists of or how often I will want to do that. I have about 100 acres of surface and minerals to the north of this pad site about 1/4 mile. The laterals for this well are going southerly as I refused to lease so they could drill northerly.