Two division orders with different effective dates

I have been in contact with the drilling company for over a year in an attempt to have my funds released. After sending documents to verify my ownership, I was sent amended division orders that show a 50% reduction in royalties. The new division orders have an effective date for 2023, but the drilling began in 2021. I also have sent in division orders for the same fields that have an effective date for 2021 when drilling began. What recourse do I have to receive payment for the initial division order?

Hi Jerry, Please tell us who the drilling company is because my family has been waiting for division for almost 120 days from Permian.

Division orders will have different effective dates based upon the date of first sales, not drilling. Contact the division order analyst and ask why there is a difference. You may have wells of different lengths, you will most certainly have different prices this year compared to last year.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.