Tuscarawas County, OH - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Tuscarawas County, OH. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

What’s going on in Tuscarawas County? Has Chesapeake showed up yet? Who else is playing ball there? Any reasonable offers?

John,

Welcome.

Yes, Chesapeake is active. I was contacted by RedSky Land with what I think is a reasonable initial offer. Recently, an offer came from Avalanche Energy for WRP Energy, better in some ways, worse in others.

I own property in the Newcomerstown area but live 270 miles East. Not an ideal situation, but we'll make it work.

I'm hoping there is a landowner's group that I can get in touch with. Any insights on that?

Wiley

Willie, Thanks for your response. I am affiliated with, or I should say very remotely acquainted with, a group who recently negotiated a deal on 20,000+ acres in 3 counties just SE of you. There has been talk of them forming another group, but when and where is uncertain. It would be logical for them to grow to the West/Northwest which should include you, so stay tuned. I am surprised at the lack of activity as to the Tuscarawas County site here. Is that indicative of a lack of activity as to leasing activity there? It sounds like you have been approached by at least two different sources, so what’s up? Not to get too personal, and you don’t have to be specific, but are you a big landowner? Just trying to guage if they are approaching the big guys now, and will trickle down to smaller landowners later. Thanks

John,

I have a friend that might be able to help you get your property leased at a geat price. ( EDITED Use the private messaging system for any advice or contacts. Leave the soliciting out of the forums and comments)

what are the leases being sold for,and who is buying them.i have been hearing different amounts.

If you own property, you should know what you own. Many title agencies, especially those that issue title insurance, only search for 40 or 60 years. In Ohio, "all mineral" reservations date back as early as the 1830s! That includes your oil and gas rights.
How do you determine if you own the oil and gas under your property?
We will provide you with a fast and and accurate search of all recorded documents pertaining to your property. From that, you can make the determination yourself (or bring it to your attorney), or we can refer you to one of several local attorneys to help you with this determination.
If your attorney is already working on this for you, tell them to have us do your search! This will save you and your lawyer valuable time and money.
Do you have royalties owed to you? Has your lease been turned down for "title defects"? We can get you the information you need.
We are a local, veteran owned and insured business, with extensive oil, gas, and mineral experience. Get the information the oil companies won't give you!
HG Resources LLC
580-284-2183
Note: WE ARE NOT ATTORNEYS, AND ARE NOT ATTEMPTING TO PRACTICE LAW. We are not paid for any attorney referrals made. We provide you with the information, which you can use as you choose. Always consider the services of a licensed, insured attorney in all matters. The Ohio State Bar offers free referrals and information at their website: http://www.ohiobar.org. Thank you!

what is going on with the gas buisness in tuscarwas county,ohio.alot of people in my area have been contacted and signed with company but i have not heard one thing ,are they still obtaining property in this area,i live in washington township in portwashington