Trying to Locate Property in Anderson County

The Wm. Bledsoe is in abstract 117 and it is about3 miles west of Neches, Tx. Four family members bought this place in 1969 and myself and my oldest son bought my Mom and brother out about 16 years ago. Two years ago we sold our two sons the remaining land we owned so they own all of the Bledsoe survey except 66acres which my sister still owns. Some day our youngest son will buy their land. We got 20% of the minerals when we bought this land and in 1983 my brother and myself bought another 46.66% of the minerals from the previous owner's estate so we have a total of 66.66% of the minerals . But we kept the mineral interest for now and it will passed on to our three kids sometime in the future. We had a lease on this place but the two year option was not renewed last Nov. So presently we do not have a lease and I hope for a quick turn around in oil prices as I am 79 years old and kind of in a hurry.

Mr. Copeland,

I viewed your lease and from the description on the lease I have attached a plat of your 40.0 acre tract.

I have not had access to the metes and bounds description in the 1929 deed but this would basically give a more accurate description to the 10 acres out of the SWC of the west 50 acres of the 100 acre tract.

Steve

Plat

1065-scan0276.pdf (2.91 MB)

Steve, thank you very much for sharing this map. It's the first one I've seen that shows sub-divisions (lot #'s) within the A-73 survey. The lease is on Lot 8.

Steve, just curious how did you find this map?

Dusty, thank you for sharing this lead, very helpful to me.

Steve, on closer inspection of the plat you so kindly attached, I see that you have identified the property exactly. Thank you so much for this. As you have it shaded out, the property is 40 acres in Lot 19, not Lot 8 as mentioned above. The drilling is going on in Lot 8 but our property and several others are combined in a single GUD (Gas Unit Designation).

This is a huge step forward for us to finally identify our property.

Mr. Copeland,

What Gas Unit do you feel you have been included within. The Capps Gas Well includes all of Lot 6 and 5. I haven't checked to see if they made a well or not. I would think your lease should have expired 6-30-14. Who did you inherit your interest from?

Steve

Steve, the GUD designation we're under from BBC&D is insturment no. 201302981 and includes lots 5 and 6 as you say. Not sure where the Caps well is, but I see two oil wells, and one gas well in the lease area on the RRC GIS Map. These are 4200132708, 4200130345, and 4200132603. My interest was inherited from my father, L.S. Copeland, who was deeded it by my relative based after a prior conveyance from S.N. Ricks, the surface owner. I know the lease shows an expiration date but the BBC&D agent told me as the lease is automatically extended so long as the wells are producing.

Now that you have helped me identify the property, I am going to start a new thread re:the chain of title. I am trying to understand how the O&M rights have been distributed to multiple people.

Thanks again for your great help!

Mr. Copeland,

The lease would be extended by production if your acreage is included within the producing unit, but it looks as if your acreage is outside of the units. Have you been paid any royalties over the past year?

Steve

Hi, Steve. We haven't been paid royalties, but only because we have not signed the division order yet as there is some difference in opinion as to how the interest is being distributed.

Yes, I see all the drilling operation is in Lot 5 and 6 but severall other lots including my own are included under one GUD. The lawyer I spoke two said this was common practice, because the oil can come out of the ground horizontally as well as vertically. Sounds bizarre, but if that's legal and I'm included, no objections here.