Trying to find out what happened to a deed

My father in law and his brother were handed down oil shares from the family farm that was located in Hardeman County Texas. My husband's Uncle passes away in 2004, and his father just recently passed away in Feb of this year. He was at the time living with a woman, who is not being very forthcoming with any info to the siblings, He wanted to buried in Oklahoma, she had him cremated etc... Just a mess. How do we find out what the current status is of this deed, or if he signed it over to her? Any help or direction in the right path would be greatly appreciated. As this has been in the family for awhile and we hate to see it in a strangers hand

Just being curious, I went on to TexasFile.com, selected Hardeman County and typed in Ditmore (Grantor/Grantee.) There were three entries with the Ditmore name. Here is one noting a Gift Mineral Deed. It's just a long-shot that any of these three documents may hold the information you need ... maybe not! But, I think it may be worth your time/effort to access this website to view the documents. Hopefully, it will "ease" your wonderings.

Good luck,

Pat

07/26/2010 52010 MINERAL DEED
  • JUDY A VANCE ESTATE ROBERT CARL DITMORE
  • KERRI A RICKS

Hide reference

County Type:
GIFT MINERAL DEED
References 1:
20 ACRES SECTION 166 BLK H
References 2:

Robert Carl was my father in laws brother, so that is the right one. I will check it out. I know my father in law was receiving a royalty check.

I cant access it right now, is one of them for a George Henry Ditmore?

found it thank you!

What does County Type: SPECIAL W/D mean? This was done in August and my father in law suffered from Alzheimers, so this is all very questionable

Ms. Pat Malone said:

Just being curious, I went on to TexasFile.com, selected Hardeman County and typed in Ditmore (Grantor/Grantee.) There were three entries with the Ditmore name. Here is one noting a Gift Mineral Deed. It's just a long-shot that any of these three documents may hold the information you need ... maybe not! But, I think it may be worth your time/effort to access this website to view the documents. Hopefully, it will "ease" your wonderings.

Good luck,

Pat

07/26/2010 52010 MINERAL DEED
  • JUDY A VANCE ESTATE ROBERT CARL DITMORE
  • KERRI A RICKS

Hide reference

County Type:
GIFT MINERAL DEED
References 1:
20 ACRES SECTION 166 BLK H
References 2:

All Filed Date Number Type Volume Page Grantors Grantees Properties (Show all)

08/25/2014 58794 WARRANTY DEED
  • GEORGE HENRY DITMORE
  • LA DITMORE LLC

Show reference