Trying to find current lease if any?

I inherited mineral rights in Harper County, but I have no information other than what I get back on the OK County Records which tells me:

Book 000642 Page 0267 Harper County, OK Instrument I-2009-000568 Recorded September 11, 2008 at 10:00am Grantee MCLINN LAND SERVICES LLC Legal Description S3 T26N R22W NW NW L4

Would love guidance on what my next steps are on discovering more about this lease? Thanks

Cummings Oil Company drilled the Weder 1-3 in Feb 2011. Hogback Exploration (or Cummings) drilled the Weder 1-3R in March 2011. Dry hole and plugged. No production so the lease expired. You may still have the mineral rights, but no royalties.

Wow, thanks. Can you help me determine if I still have the mineral rights?

Henry

If you didn’t sell them, then you probably do have them. If you inherited them through a will, then you probably still have them.

You might be able to look them up under your name or your ancestor’s name on www.okcountyrecords.com. The records are digital back to a certain point or you would have to go to the courthouse and get them to help you if they are in paper form.

Thanks, that is where I first found the:

I assume the next step is to contact Mclinn Land Services

McLinn is only the leasing agent for the operator that was planning to drill. See who signed the lease on the form. Was it you or an ancestor? If ancestor, then you would need clear title by receiving it through a probate, trust, etc. in order to claim as yours. If ancestor died without a will, then you and other heirs would need to claim through intestate rules. I am no expert on those.

If the lease expired, then the person who owned the mineral rights probably still has them-or their heirs do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.