True Title - We may not be the owners?

Re: N1/2, of NE 1/4, Lot 1&2, Section 6, Township 20N, Range 6E (our interest is .0125 acres)

I was wanting to verify title information I received over 10 years ago from a Landman regarding title for Mineral Rights I thought we owned. Although, at this point, I am wondering if I should just trust what the landman said. Your opinion, please.

The landman said according to their title research, my grandfather conveyed these minerals in 1971, reserving 1/2 of the mineral estate for 15 years. The term reservation expired in 1986, at which point all ownership then transferred to the person he conveyed to in 1971.

I’ve read a few posts on here indicating that landmen do their research, and if what the landman above said was incorrect, and that we still owned the minerals, we would have had several inquiries by now… So, since we have not heard a peep from anyone since 1997, shall I trust the landman’s word? (My contact information is long standing and current with the Oklahoma Mineral Owners Registry as we have leased other minerals in the past.)

Also, in checking the Ok County Records for Pawnee, I see where this same person my grandfather supposedly sold the minerals to has leased them a few times. Again, perhaps proving that what the landman said is truth. Thoughts?

The Mineral Registry is a SCAM. Sorry you wasted your money with them. The county clerk’s office is the place we look for mineral ownership. Again you were scammed. Now, did the landman provide you with a copy of the Term Mineral Deed? I suspect he was correct.

1 Like

Thank you, Todd. Much appreciated. I only registered with them once.

The landman did not provide me a copy of the Term Mineral Deed. Do you know if there is a service (another landman?) which could send me a copy? (the online records do not go back to 1971.) Or do I have to go to the Pawnee court house? (I live in Central Texas.)

Pam- You may be able to call the county clerk and ask them for a copy (usually a $1.00/page). If they won’t, try an Abstract company. They will also charge a small fee.

Todd, thank you so very much for the lead on how to get copies! I will follow this route.

Kind regards, Pam

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.