Trudy Spur wells

Hi all, Well, looks like there are 4 Trudy wells drilled. They are fracking now. I don’t know how many are already fracked. The battery is looking like they expect them to be good wells. I’m excited. Anyone know about how long until first check after fracking? Boy I wish I knew what to expect.

@Wendy1 it appears from their state filings they expect initial production numbers to be around 400bbl/month per well

As a general rule, revenue runs about 5-6 months behind the first sales. Keep your expectations low and you will be surprised. Remember, these horizontal wells come on like gangbusters and production drops rather quickly.

Thanks for the replies!

If you know they are frac’d you know more than most folks, none of that seems to be public info. Four wells…spud in March, frac in April…so…

All indications from the Live Oak and Rose wells in 19s25e is that Spur starts flowing these things back pretty much immediately after frac. Which seems like a really quick turnaround. So who knows, maybe they are producing in May '23. So maybe getting paid in the Fall. First check will be multiple months so will likely be a positive shock.

Spurs HZ wells in the area post-2021 look something like this on average. As they say above, about 400 bopd initially and then falls off hard.

The oil and gas site Go Tech is more up-to-date on production volumes than the Conservation Division is. Don’t know why, but the Conservation Division website has gone by the wayside since Covid. It takes forever just to show that drilling has commenced. You can forget about updates regarding production as well on the conservation division (CD) website. Their either lax or have had a major upheaval regarding new drilling and production. Only positive thing about the CD is their up to date on applications. Go tech is the leader out of the two sites. My 2 cents worth.

GO-TECH : ONGARD Data Search Page

Pretty sure C-115s go to the NMOCD, which feeds Go-Tech, etc. But whichever. People use what they like. I like having the well files. I do think NMOCD has gone to heck post-covid on getting directional drilling info loaded which means its very hard to tell where wells are being drilled (depth-wise). But ymmv.

Trudy wells were spud in March, there is no production data on those anywhere.

Well… The reason I know so much about the Trudy Wells is that I only live a couple of miles away. They’ve already got their lease ready to roll with heater treaters, separators, oil tanks and the such. A flare was delivered last week. I was driving by when they were fracking them a few weeks ago. It didn’t appear that the two that are more to the South were fracked yet but the two on the lease pad were. I’m just so excited about them so I keep an eye on them. They can make a huge difference in my life and I would give anything to know what amount it would be. LOL

Ha. A few miles away, dear Lord do you live at the KOA by Brantley? :grinning:

Two thumbs up for just going to visit the pad. I have to rely on sending my 82 year old father driving 15 miles from 17s26e metropolis to check on our Spur wells.

I don’t know how much you own, but the wells around here are all pretty consistently decent. Will be rooting for you.

Well, if I knew how to get a hold of you I would check on stuff for you. Boy have I had some major questions that you could have answered for me. LOL

Thank you for the offer, but I’m good. I more or less know what is up and I kind of need an excuse to go back and see my parents anyhow.

I’m happy to try answer whatever questions you might have. I’m not a big rule knower or maybe even a follower, but I honestly don’t know if its kosher to put down one’s contact info as that’s a slippery slope to solicitation I’m sure in many cases. So maybe just ask them here if you have some?

1 Like

Agree. It’s not allowed.

The Trudy wells are on flowback. Woohoo!

1 Like

alrightee, get some. It takes a bit to dewater so be patient if you are out there every day bringing the flowback hand brownies.

1 Like

Lol. Haven’t been back. Just know the chemical company.

We have had two calls about buying our interests. Don’t even let them give an offer. We think if someone is willing to pay a good chunk of change before the revenue has even started it must be worth a good bit more.

All good news. We haven’t gotten division orders to sign yet for our Trudy interest. That will be the sign that the checks are coming.

I looked at the OCD application. It seems Spur is running about a month ahead of the estimates they gave in the application for the first set of 4 wells. They estimated initial flow back as 6/25. First production 7/15. Probably start production in June. Good news!

I looked at the Trudy OCD application. The layout of the first set of four wells shows them starting about the middle of section 6 and going almost all the way through section 7 (where we own an interest). So there is roughly half a mile of horizontal in section 6 and almost a mile in section 7. Do you know how the production will be allocated between the two sections? Seems like it ought to be 1/3 and 2/3 but I don’t know. Still pretty new at this. Also, I noted there is a well log for at least one of the wells but I could not bring it up on my computer. Don’t know if there is much to glean from that.

Each well will be dedicated to 480 acres. 1/2 mile wide, 1.5 miles long rectangle. 160 acres in Sec 6 and 320 in Sec 7. So yeah when they calculate the interest in the well it will effectively be 1/3 and 2/3.

Not much to glean from the log.