Troini A1-10

When I look up the PUN of an old well on my lease that is now shut-in it says it is active. It gives the formations as Sycamore, Woodford, Hunton, Viola. Just wondering if anyone would know why it would show active? The new horizontal well is drilled to the Woodford.

It may still say “active” if it has not been plugged. There may not be any production.

You can trace your lease through the county clerk’s records.

The Land-Man will contact you IF a driller believes a new lease is needed.

Let them figure out that info – and be sure and have a warranty clause in your new lease.

otherwise you will need to look at lease effective dates; shut-in clauses in your lease; continuous, cumulative etc.

Bottom line -if they want to drill and they don’t have a lease they will contact YOU…

What I want to know is who holds the lease now. Since there are two wells, the horizontal well drilled by Camino and the old Troini-A well that is no longer producing but does not show shut-in or plugged when I look it up on the PUN. (Is shut-in and plugged the same thing?)

You can find that out in the records of the county clerk’s office.

TODD, could that information be reviewed on line, without going into the Courthouse?

Grace, just look at the current lease and determine if it is still in effect. Sometimes that is tricky…

Read the lease and if the initial time period ( 3 years? ) has passed …try and determine if some of the parts of the lease keep it in force. Production etc.

FDL Operating is listed as the operator for the Troini A 1-10. There has been no production since December 2019.

Black Mesa was spud on 6/20/19, so before your lease expired with FDL. So most likely, your lease is still held by FDL. The operator does not have to own 100% of the leases. (It is possible that they sold it to Camino, but it doesn’t really matter.) Since they spud before the Troini well was shut in, the clauses of your lease will determine if you are still held. The production from Black Mesa (and any future wells that are held by the lease) will continue to hold the lease until all production ceases. Since you are receiving royalties from Black Mesa, the Division Order title opinion has determined that you are still held by a valid lease. If you are really curious, then contact the Division Order analyst at Camino and ask them who they show as the owner of the lease. They will have the most recent title order opinion.

“Shut in” is a mechanical shutting in of a well where the valves are closed. Not abandoned. “P&A” means plugged and abandoned where the casing is pulled and cement fills the hole to safely plug off all zones and is officially abandoned under state regulations.

Grady County is difficult to search on line. They have changed companies that handle their on line information and all is not successfully merged.

The Grady County clerk’s name is Jill Locke, her contact number is 405-224-7388.You might try contacting her office and let them know there is a problem with the online records.

Thank you Martha. I would like to know who owns the lease so will ask Camino.

I do believe that there was some manipulation going on between the two companies to keep it held-by-production so that they would not have to negotiate a new lease.

Thanks again!

Hi Martha,

I did follow up with Camino Resources and a owner relations agent informed me that Casillas Petroleum Corporation holds my lease. The agent told me that Casillas has a working interest in Black Mesa. It seems you told me at one point that there may be an association between Casillas and Sheridan or maybe it was Casillas and Camino. I can’t remember. So, that means that FDL bought just the old Troini A-10 well which is currently idle (for the lack of a better word). Do you know if Casillas is still drilling and still a viable operator?

Thank you.

Yes, Casillas is still drilling wells.

Martha, I was also told in the same email mentioned above that, and I quote, “Title opinion only covers the Woodford formation so we do not know if any depths have been severed”. I believe this was in response to my question about Camino having rights to all the formations. I do not understand the “if any depths have been severed” part. I am hoping you can help me understand this statement.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Gracie Troini

Martha, I was also told in the same email mentioned above that, and I quote, “Title opinion only covers the Woodford formation so we do not know if any depths have been severed”. I believe this was in response to my question about Camino having rights to all the formations. I do not understand the “if any depths have been severed” part. I am hoping you can help me understand this statement.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Gracie Troini

Gracie- they are referring to a possible splitting of the lease into different depths. Kind of like party A gets the lease from surface to the base of the Mississippi formation and party B gets all rights below that. Because your lease has no depth clause it is HBP from the surface to the center of the earth.

I seem to remember that Casillas has been bought by 89Energy, but I am still seeing OCC hearings under their name. May take a while to get everything switched over. Still viable as far as I know. They are still paying royalties under the Casillas name as of last month.

Thank you all for your help. I did know there was not a depth clause. At some point I will pass my interest to my granddaughter and want to give her some basic facts about the lease.

Your granddaughter will be very grateful for any information you can give her. Keep everything!