Transferring rights to a relative in a different state

My daughter, who lives in NYC, would like to transfer her portion of oil/gas rights in Texas to another relative -either her uncle, who lives in California, or a cousin in Texas. When I researched this question in reference to another situation, it seemed impossible because it was inter-state, had to pay at least $1000. lawyer fees, etc. Anyone have a simple solution? Thanks.

It shouldn't be that expensive. I would suggest you call a handful of lawyers regarding transferring rights by mineral deed and ask the cost.

Wade Caldwell is a frequent contributor to this forum, so you can reach out to him.