Transferring mineral rights

What is the procedure for transfering mineral rights to a family member?

It's generally done with a mineral deed, though it can be done in other ways.

After completing it, file it at the county clerks office in the county where the minerals are located.

For a family transfer, it will cost $13 for filing, but no documentary stamps are required.

Who are you considering transferring the mineral rights to?

I know that some mineral purchse companies will convince family membvers to transfer to each other and then pay a nominal increase to the remaining family member for a purchase of the mineral rights.

Make sure you get reasonable value for your mineral rights.