Transfer of wells from Contango to RCK Oil & Gas

Does anybody know anything about RCK Oil & Gas LLC/? Back in January 2022 Contango transferred 22 wells to RCK, 3 of these wells are mine. They have been out of production since 2017. We are hoping that RCK will get them going. I have been in contact with them after I found out about the transfer accidently on my own. I am certain that we will have to be presented with a new lease, as our current lease has expired on its own terms. I am just wanting to start a new discussion as I move through this process.

Properties are Payne county sec.34 and 35/ 18N/ 04E

I do not see any new permits or leases in those two sections. You will have to contact RCK to see what their plans are. The only section with well activity pending is section 5. Gulf Exploration pooled SE4 sec 28 late in 2021.

Thanks Martha for reply. I have been in contact with RCK and have been told that their plan is to get the wells back into production. But I told them that our lease that was with Whitestar when production stopped back in 2017 has expired from no production and that we would have to agree to a new lease. I was told that RCK’s landman is working on it and should contact me. That was a couple of weeks ago. I plan on contacting them again today to try and get the ball rolling.

Sounds like a good plan. You may be able to get better terms this time around. Make sure that you do not pay post production charges.

Hopes are to get better terms this time. They asked for a copy of our original lease but we are not going to share it with them. My hope is that we can a higher royalty on a new lease. Would it be beneficial for us to contact an independent landman to negotiate a new lease? I will be carful what information I post, thanks.

Martha, I guess I misread your reply about post production charges. I will make sure that is not in the lease, thanks.

Always a good idea to get a good oil and gas attorney to look over any new leases. They stay up to date on current law and needed language to protect the mineral owner. They can also help with negotiations.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.