Tracking Down Company Holding Deceased Mom's Lease

Does anyone have the name and contact info for the company currently leasing mineral rights in Roger Mills County for these three locations? (1) NE/4 and N/2 NW/4 of Section 23, Township 13 North, Range 25 West I.M. (2) S/2 Section 11, Township 13 North, Range 25 West I.M. (3) S/2 NE/4 and E/2 SW/4 Section 14, Township 13 North, Range 25 West I.M. Thank you.

You can start your search here.

Your title and your question imply two different time frames. If there was a past lease but it was not drilled, then the lease expired and no longer holds the tract. If a well was drilled, then your are probably looking for the operator and not the leasing company.

Sec 23. You can find the operator for wells in 23 by looking in section 26-13N-25W since the surface location is in 26. Apache owned the Chalafant well and sold it to Presidio Petroleum. Look for the form 1073 to get the address.

Sections 11 & 14. Chalafant 11-13-25#1H and Chalafant 1-14h are both drilled from section 11, so look them up there. They were actually sold to Presidio as well.

This is very helpful. I’m very familiar with the Chalafant name; they are Mom’s cousins–and mine, too, though I only met one cousin and that was back in the 70’s. (GREAT! A solid lead!) I will contact Presidio Petroleum. Appreciate this more than I can say.

Alyeska:

Once the company is determined and contacted they may have title requirements which may include probate. If so don’t fret just return here for more guidance.

I did search that site, but it shows the company as CORDILLERA ENERGY PARTNERS III LLC. When I googled Cordillera, it showed their company was acquired by Apache Corporation in 2012. I know leases often change hands, so before I go any further–potentially chasing several companies before I find the right one–I thought I’d see if anyone here on the Forum was already familiar with the current company paying royalties. Appreciate you reaching out, though!

Thank you, Richard. The info everybody’s provided today will be put to good and immediate use.

If you list the wells you are getting paid on, it is easy to look up the operator. Presidio is the operator. I may had spelled the name wrong above. The Gross Production site as them labeled as Chalfant.

Today has been a complete information bonanza thanks to you both, Richard and M_Barnes. So thankful for your kindness.

I may have spelled the name wrong above. The Gross Production site has them labeled as Chalfant. Sorry about the typos.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.