Township 17 South

I own two parcels in Township 17 South, Lea County. One is 80 Net Mineral Acres, the other 40 Net Mineral Acres. Looking to lease one or both or maybe even sell. I’m not in New Mexico. Suggestions on how to start the process? Thanks!

You need to add the rest of the description.

The 80 Net Mineral Acres are: Township 17 South, Range 38 East, NMPM, Section 14 NW4

40 Net Acres: Township 17 South, Range 38 East, NMPM, Section 10, SE4SE4

Since this is not like residential real estate where you go to a broker, how does one proceed? Thank-you

To properly identify the acerage you must also use the Section(s) and Range and within the Section the location of the two different locations. Each section consists of 640 acres and the location are broken down into North Half/South Half, East Half and West Half. These define exactly where in the Section these properties exist. If they are both in the same section, you will have 18.75% of that section.

Stephen Watkins (601) 347-8153 stephenwatkins1@gmail.com

Hi Stephen, The 80 acres are in Section 14. 40 acres are in Section 10. Thanks for your comment.

Back in the day I lived in Hobbs for a very long time. I suggest you check out your pproperty records with the New Mexico Oil Conservation Division first. I believe they have a website you can check out today.

My best regards,

Stephen Watkins