Town Hall Meetings/Royalty Payments

Good morning...I heard somewhere that there are town hall type meetings where you can go to learn about how leasing, royalty payments, etc work. Does anyone know about these and where and when they are, or how to find the info? Also, we just received our first royalty payment. For those who have started receiving payments - are these fairly consistent or do they vary significantly from month to month? Thank you!

Robyn, are you dealing with EOG resources?

If so, do you feel you payment was fair?

Yes we are. Well, hard to say. Of course, I’d rather have more but I’m sure it’s correct with all the regulations. Why? Have you had issues?

i have not signed lease agreement yet, but I was just wondering

Hi, Robyn. Very astute question. I do not know about town hall meetings, but I would attend!

I have minerals leased by EOG in Gonzales county. Search this forum (and others) for "decline rates". You will find a lot of info. To answer your question, using the first month of production as a base line, typically the production rate declines to about 20% of the baseline in the 18th month. This is an estimate, only and can and will vary, but production rates decline then stabilize. So don't "pre spend" your royalty based on the first month of production. :)