Title to minerals inherited from Father

I need to know how to get titles in my name that I inherited from my Father probate has been completed but need to get these transferred to my name on record can anyone help with this

Were the minerals named in the probate and who was made personal representative or executor of the estate? That person should have recorded a deed conveying that interest to you (most don't) if it were listed in the probate. If they were not in the probate there are many things you can do it just depends on many factors you don't answer in your question.

yes they are listed in the probate but no deeds were recorded I tried to sell a piece and it came back as title failure

someone gave me a site but could not find what I need thank you for your reply

If you need more help let me know as I buy mineral rights all over Oklahoma and could send you a deed or you can get one from a office supply store. They are pretty simple to fill out and record.

Tim Metz

Mineral Rights Buyer

Thanks Tim maybe I can get one from Staples will see Monday

Staples has quitclaim and Warranty deeds, I'd use the warranty. If you want I can email you a mineral deed in MS Word, it's set up for legal size paper which I prefer to use but I also have one in regular size.

Emma, If you are selling mineral rights, you should be able to get the buyer to handle all of the record transfers and pay for any filing fees for title defects.

You may want to shop around and see if you can find someone who is willing to take care of your title issues for you on their dime, you may also find that you can get more money for your minerals somewhere else.

--Myranda

Myranda,

Why did you think she wanted to sell anything? She only wants title in her name of record on her deceased fathers minerals that she inherited, no one mentioned selling anything. Get more money from someone else? You must be replying to the wrong post as there was no mention of anyone purchasing anything either.

Tim Metz said:

Staples has quitclaim and Warranty deeds, I'd use the warranty. If you want I can email you a mineral deed in MS Word, it's set up for legal size paper which I prefer to use but I also have one in regular size.

Tim could you send me a couple of copies I have minerals in 2 counties would so much appreciate this thanks

Mr. Metz,

"I tried to sell a piece and it came back as title failure"

This made me think that Ms. Morgan was selling her mineral rights. I never offered to buy any mineral rights. If you look up my posts on this site, you will find that I do not have a habit of such behavior.

I have no clue what caused you to be so incredibly terse. No offense was meant by anything that I said.

I do work for a company that buys mineral rights, but I have only once contacted one individual from this website about purchasing their minerals and they listed them for sale in the listing section.

I do apologize if I somehow offended Ms. Morgan. If she had further responded I would have encouraged her to be very careful with mineral buyers in general. I believe that you would be included in that bunch since you “buy mineral rights all over Oklahoma.”

--Myranda

I was not offended by anything said regarding this post I thank all of you for your responses

Myranda,

I apologize, I have been a little busy lately. Come to think of it I even emailed with her about her offers. I told her they were great offers but I do agree that sellers should get more than one offer should they decide to sell any minerals.