Title from trust to nephew

Howdy Folks,

I jointly own some mineral rights in Kansas with my father in a trust. He passed away last year, and I want to sell my mineral rights to my nephew. Aside from the deed, what should I file in the county deeds register to ensure the title is clear? I have a copy of the trust agreement and his death certificate (in Missouri), but it has his whole #SS number on it. I would appreicate any help anyone could give me. Thank you

Should be good with just the deed, you can list your position as sole surviving trustee to be more clear. Most operators will require the trust docs and death certificate, but they don’t need to be filed of public record. Also seeing more of some kind of statement of authority stating your ability to sign…or maybe an affidavit of some kind stating you are the sole surviving trustee, but it starts to get a little ticky tacky with the requirements.

Consult with a Kansas attorney to avoid title issues.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.