Timeline to start production

Hi, we’ve gotten increasingly high offers for mineral rights in S:3, T:12N, R:9W, currently leased to Devon and producing very little for some time. We understand that 5 or 6 new wells are going in and that would explain the many offers we’re getting. Does anyone have more of a sense of the timeline for those to start production?

Also, although we know that buyers must expect to make money on their purchase, some of the offers are so high that we are thinking about selling some or all to be able to help some family members now with that lump payment. Are there any buyers you’ve had good experience with? Any companies that negotiate such sales that you’d recommend?

Appreciate any information and suggestions! Thank you.

Some of the wells were spud in July, although that doesn’t mean that drilling to total depth has begun. In any event, it usually takes 6-8 months for drilling, completion and DO’s to be completed before first revenue is paid. So at best, January or February for your first payments. Prices for minerals depend on the amount of acreage, the royalty percentage of the oil & gas lease and the current prices for oil and gas being produced.

1 Like

Thank you, @TODD_M_Baker. This is very helpful detail which we haven’t been able to find out. Appreciate your response a lot.

@TODD_M_Baker , can you share your source for the information about the work in July? I cannot find it in the OCC Well Records search Test @mthornell thanks for your reply to my other post!

There are 6 Intents to drill: Beard #1HX-6HX. 3 are Woodford wells & 3 are Mississippi wells. Try you search under Sections 34 or 35-13N-9W as they are multi-unit wells with the surface locations in Sections 34 & 35. #2 spud 6/27; #4 spud 6/30; #5 spud 7/1; & #6 spud 7/2. Again, these were probably done with a spudder rig to set surface casing, but doesn’t mean there is a rig on location with the ability to drill to total depth.

1 Like

@TODD_M_Baker , now I understand. This is SO helpful as we try to navigate this. thank you!

If your correct contact information is on file with the Canadian County Clerk you should have received the associated paperwork from the OCC and Devon.

2 Likes

I did see many wells in the S-T-R’s that Mr. Baker mentioned. Did not have time to check them, but Devon is definitely very active in the area. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. He must have Enverus. I am about to gain access to the program and I am very excited about it.

1 Like

You may want to look at production from wells in the surrounding area. Consider holding on to those minerals at least until after IP. The fact that you are receiving multiple offers is a strong indication that revenue checks may be quite nice - at least the first few. Something to think about.

1 Like

Thank you, @Mthornell. We are trying to learn from folks here and I’m passing this on to my family members. I have some kind of access to Enverus and will try to see more of what’s there. We all appreciate how helpful many are in this forum.

This is an excellent area. These wells are now classified as DUCS. Drilled/Uncompleted

These wells are 22K ft Total Measured Depth +/-

Next door, Devon has 3 wells (similar Depths) with EUR of 500-1MBO & 7-10BCF.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.