Time Line

Hi All,

I have two 80 acre parcels in 158N,102W, Williams Co. We're half way through a 3 year lease. Permits pulled late last fall. What sort of time line should I expect? I realize many variables come into play. Just something in the ballpark. 1-2 years? 5? 10?

Thanks,

Rick

Permits mean nothing, cost about 8 cents per acre and are granted for the asking if you will pay the fee. On one of my spacings I have had permits granted, permanently cancelled, multiple permits granted, the spacing change hands, more permits granted and others cancelled, all with an excellent well just over the line. When do I expect them to drill? I don't. The present and previous operators have never sent me an offer to lease. From watching for the last 6 years, I know it's pointless to try to guess when that particular spacing will be drilled. I have some relatively low producing single wells in good areas, drilled between 2007 and 2010 with only 10 frac stages at lower pressures and what looks to me like a sub optimal propant mix. Alot of people should be glad they weren't the lab rat. Hang in there.

Thanks for your thoughts Mr. Kennedy. Looks like uncertainty is the only certainty.

Richard Radke said:

Thanks for your thoughts Mr. Kennedy. Looks like uncertainty is the only certainty.

Mr. Radke, that is it in a nutshell. If more rigs and crews were available they would all be busy also. It's a huge amount of area to nail down with a single well in each spacing and some spacings are getting 2 wells. Some people follow rig movements on the NDIC site, it might give you a few days advance notice. I and others think that operators give precedence to drilling spacings where they are facing having to lease alot of acres again. I think one could purchase one months subscription to the (NDRIN) North Dakota Recorders Information Network and try to determine when the greatest amount of leases are to expire in a given period of time in a spacing to make an informed guess of when a rig might show up to beat lease expirations, or at least the dozer to make pits and pad to hold by continuing operations. I just keep an eye on the GIS server map, when I see the rig symbol, then I know.

Richard Radke said:

Richard Radke said: