Time for an update please. S:36 -Twn:17N - Rng:13W

It’s been a while since I was here asking for info. I have rights in S:36 -Twn:17N - Rng:13W. I have not been receiving the regular offers to buy that I used to. Naturally I don’t want to sell, but did get a lease offer today. It doesn’t look any better than the last time I leased. Can anyone tell me what may be happening in my area and what I should be getting in the way of an offer? Thanks

0 Likes

A bit of leasing in 2016. I see one new lease by 9Spot Energy in 2018. General horizontal drilling in the area, but not 36 yet.

0 Likes

So I’m guessing the right thing to do would be to wait.

0 Likes

If you would like the money now, you can negotiate on the lease and see if you can get a better deal. Or you can wait it out and see what happens later. I usually stall for a while until activity heats up if I don’t really need the bonus money now.

1 Like

Have you had any dealings with Blue Chip Energy Partners, know anything about them? Got a proposal from them today.

0 Likes

What kind of proposal? Lease? Sale?

0 Likes

Martha… I want to thank you for being so informative and willing to provide me with much needed guidance. I notice next to your name it says “Business Member”. What does that mean? The proposal is to lease. I’m wondering if this is something I could forward to you for your opinion. Legal documents often say things that most of us don’t understand.

0 Likes

The Business Member means that I am actually in the business of Oil & Gas. It is a new category to distinguish professionals that have experience. I have 35 years as a geologist and additional years as a Certified Minerals Manager.

1 Like

Hello Martha… Hope all is well with you and yours. Have you seen anything promising in or around S:36 -Twn:17N - Rng:13W Blaine County OK? I’ve not seen any offers to lease since last communication with you. Thanks Marshall

0 Likes

Nothing specifically in 36 as far as wells. Council Oak is busy in 17 with an increased density approval. Blue Chip Energy was leasing in late 2018.

0 Likes

Marshall, Continental is drilling one well right now in 1-16-13 (section adjacent to 36 to the south) with another one permitted. We’ve heard rumors of them wanting to drill a 2-mile lateral starting in 36-17-13 to the north.

0 Likes