Time for an update please. S:36 -Twn:17N - Rng:13W

It’s been a while since I was here asking for info. I have rights in S:36 -Twn:17N - Rng:13W. I have not been receiving the regular offers to buy that I used to. Naturally I don’t want to sell, but did get a lease offer today. It doesn’t look any better than the last time I leased. Can anyone tell me what may be happening in my area and what I should be getting in the way of an offer? Thanks

A bit of leasing in 2016. I see one new lease by 9Spot Energy in 2018. General horizontal drilling in the area, but not 36 yet.

So I’m guessing the right thing to do would be to wait.

If you would like the money now, you can negotiate on the lease and see if you can get a better deal. Or you can wait it out and see what happens later. I usually stall for a while until activity heats up if I don’t really need the bonus money now.

1 Like

Have you had any dealings with Blue Chip Energy Partners, know anything about them? Got a proposal from them today.

What kind of proposal? Lease? Sale?

Martha… I want to thank you for being so informative and willing to provide me with much needed guidance. I notice next to your name it says “Business Member”. What does that mean? The proposal is to lease. I’m wondering if this is something I could forward to you for your opinion. Legal documents often say things that most of us don’t understand.

The Business Member means that I am actually in the business of Oil & Gas. It is a new category to distinguish professionals that have experience. I have 35 years as a geologist and additional years as a Certified Minerals Manager.

1 Like

Hello Martha… Hope all is well with you and yours. Have you seen anything promising in or around S:36 -Twn:17N - Rng:13W Blaine County OK? I’ve not seen any offers to lease since last communication with you. Thanks Marshall

Nothing specifically in 36 as far as wells. Council Oak is busy in 17 with an increased density approval. Blue Chip Energy was leasing in late 2018.

Marshall, Continental is drilling one well right now in 1-16-13 (section adjacent to 36 to the south) with another one permitted. We’ve heard rumors of them wanting to drill a 2-mile lateral starting in 36-17-13 to the north.