Three test wells being drilled in Rosebud County in 2019

Alta Vista from Wyo. has drilled one test well,and is drilling 2 more. They have leased a large area in Rosebud County. Their first test well ,Spider Monkey was drilled and produced over 10000 barrels. in 45 days. Their next two wells,Golden Monkey and Snow Monkey are in the first stages. Spider Monkey is located on 11N34E 9-11,Golden monkey is located on 11N34E 29-32. Snow monkey and Golden monkey are permitted for 15000 fr vertical and 10000 ft horizontal. My family owns interest in about 34000 mineral acres on which we just signed leases. One with Maverick and one with Hoover and Stacy. There are two articles in the last 2 Rocky Mt. gas and oil journals. We signed our leases in August 2019.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your info.

We were just contacted by Hoover and Stacy. Did you have an Oil & Gas Attorney review the contract?

I signed my lease with Hoover and Stacy as a good friend and business man who lives in Cheyenne told me they are trustworthy and he knows them personally. Good enough for me.

We did have an oil and gas attorney make sure everything was ok.We also leased. about 8000 acres to maverick

I never hired an attorney either Hoover and Stacy landman was very informative! How exciting that they have progressed!

We have a small mineral interest in Snow Monkey and are looking for updates and/or projections. Any news?

I have mineral rights very close. T11Nr34E sections 26,27,34,35. Also other sections. I received an offer from BTC very low. Wondering what is being paid now for leases, and what company’s? Thank you

I have no idea what these areas are leasing for now or even if leasing is going on since the price of oil is so low.

Any news about if T10N33 is producing or T11NR33E?

Hello Nancy, While doing family ancestry research today I stumbled on this Montana Mineral Rights website. Amazingly my great grandparents and his sons were the original homesteaders in 1917 on T11N R34E sections 26 and 34. Just had to mention it. Joe.

Hi Krehmeyerb,

We have oil and mineral rights in Sumatra and I am wondering if you know of any current activity in the area. We are leased to Alta Vista but haven’t heard about any monkey business going on in our specific area. We are 10N33E Sect 3 637 acres and 11N R33 E Sect 34 Do you know what is happening out there … if anything? Thank you in advance! Dianne Peterson

Hi Joe and also Dianne…i have mineral rights signed and transferred to me from my parents. They inherited the mineral rights from my uncle. My uncle bought his property a long time ago from BLM so he was second owner. BLM kept 50% of mineral rights. So when my uncle made his will he gave 25% to his 8 brothers and sisters. The buyer of his property wanted half,25% of mineral rights. So EIGHT brothers and sisters got 1/8 of 25%. All of the original heirs are long gone. Happy my parents legally transferred their mineral rights to me. There are only 4 cousins still living that direct descendants of the 8 original heirs. One has listed her name at courthouse. I listed myself a long time ago. My mineral acres are leased by Alta Vista. Lease says they can renew. Someone said 2 years ago there are 67 wells in Rosebud Co. MT. Their location is close to my mineral acres. I need to know if anyone can give me specifics on how to find out if any wells are on my mineral acres. Website, permit listing, production.
Rose Soderquist Kanoldt

You may find this map helpful.

http://www.bogc.dnrc.mt.gov/WebApps/DataMiner/MontanaMap.aspx

This is the Montana Oil and Gas commission website. Maps, wells, production, etc.

Montana Board of Oil and Gas Online Data