Thoughts of Selling

I’m thinking of selling both my mineral rights and land rights. Any Adivce would be greatly appreciated. Section 9.Block 55, Township 8, T&P A208. I own a % of 666 acres. How do I seek out and find the investors or buyers?

Simply do a google search. You’ll find loads of people and companies buying mineral rights. The real question is… what do you have? Is it a jalopy or a Maserati?

The first thing to do is to become confident and comfortable of the legal description of what you own. If you don’t know this, you are left exposed to the possibility of bad things happening.

You probably need to understand what activity is going on in your area and what potential you have for royalties-either current or future. A lot of folks inherit and immediately want to sell if they feel overwhelmed or get a bunch of offers. It is very important to make sure that you have title clearly in your name, understand the value of what you have and then make a decision. You can sell all, part or none. There are quite a few private mineral buyers, buying groups (some trustworthy, some not) and auction houses. Do you know how to use the Texas Railroad Commission website? You can find out what wells are nearby, etc.

2 Likes

Thank You , I tried to reply to your email, but it would not go thru.

Communication is limited to the text boxes on the forum, not emails.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.