The Wegner well

Does anyone know whats happening with the Wegner well , 31N 58E Lot 11

Phil:

The info on the GIS map indicates that the well is "shut-in". Looking at the production history, appears the well had good production numbers until May. Also, looks like Marathon had another well to drill in 31N;59E; Section 14 just below your mineral area and it shows the permit has expired. I have minerals in T31;R59E;Section 31 which is located just East of your area and Marathon has a drilling permit for my area as well as two other areas close by. This entire area, including yours and mine, is the Diomedes Prospect which Marathon has been the primary operator. Marathon just renewed the drilling permit for my area this past week and my lease will expire in December of this year. I contacted Marathon in regards to my area and they stated that no plans to drill was on the table for 2013. I am puzzled as to what Marathon is planning for this area and also why your well would be shut in. My advice is call Marathon at their Houston, Texas office and speak to Scott Richter. Mr. Richter is somewhat over this MT area and has assisted me on several matters. Direct your question to him and he will most likely have your answer. As for my area, it is just a wait and see game until the lease expires.

Hi There Charles,

Is our lease in the Diomedes Prospect: T35N R52E?

We are hoping for some drilling by 2015. Our lease expires in 2017 renewable in Feb of 2015.

What do you think?

charles s mallory said:

Phil:

The info on the GIS map indicates that the well is "shut-in". Looking at the production history, appears the well had good production numbers until May. Also, looks like Marathon had another well to drill in 31N;59E; Section 14 just below your mineral area and it shows the permit has expired. I have minerals in T31;R59E;Section 31 which is located just East of your area and Marathon has a drilling permit for my area as well as two other areas close by. This entire area, including yours and mine, is the Diomedes Prospect which Marathon has been the primary operator. Marathon just renewed the drilling permit for my area this past week and my lease will expire in December of this year. I contacted Marathon in regards to my area and they stated that no plans to drill was on the table for 2013. I am puzzled as to what Marathon is planning for this area and also why your well would be shut in. My advice is call Marathon at their Houston, Texas office and speak to Scott Richter. Mr. Richter is somewhat over this MT area and has assisted me on several matters. Direct your question to him and he will most likely have your answer. As for my area, it is just a wait and see game until the lease expires. N R

Toby:

Looking at the GIS map, you are too far North/ Northwest to be in this Diomedes Prospect. The Diomedes Prospect is located in the T31N; R 58 & 59 areas, possibly the T32N area also. Actually, part of the Diomedes is located in ND just over the border. You do some some wells to the South of your area but the area doesn't look like any serious development has taken place in regards to the Bakken. Just play the sit and wait game as over the next few years additional wells will most likely be drilled as some operator with deep pockets will be looking for that one sweet spot. Good luck.

Toby said:

Hi There Charles,

Is our lease in the Diomedes Prospect: T35N R52E?

We are hoping for some drilling by 2015. Our lease expires in 2017 renewable in Feb of 2015.

What do you think?

charles s mallory said:

Phil:

The info on the GIS map indicates that the well is "shut-in". Looking at the production history, appears the well had good production numbers until May. Also, looks like Marathon had another well to drill in 31N;59E; Section 14 just below your mineral area and it shows the permit has expired. I have minerals in T31;R59E;Section 31 which is located just East of your area and Marathon has a drilling permit for my area as well as two other areas close by. This entire area, including yours and mine, is the Diomedes Prospect which Marathon has been the primary operator. Marathon just renewed the drilling permit for my area this past week and my lease will expire in December of this year. I contacted Marathon in regards to my area and they stated that no plans to drill was on the table for 2013. I am puzzled as to what Marathon is planning for this area and also why your well would be shut in. My advice is call Marathon at their Houston, Texas office and speak to Scott Richter. Mr. Richter is somewhat over this MT area and has assisted me on several matters. Direct your question to him and he will most likely have your answer. As for my area, it is just a wait and see game until the lease expires. N R