Texas RRC (RailRoad Commission) Question

When I pull up plats on RRC I will normally get the full unit configuration. However, there are times when I only get initial small acreage unit. For example for plat of Badders Family Unit in Nacogdoches County Texas it shows a 270.1 acre plat when in fact its 700+ acres. How do I get it to show real plat? Thanks. Bill

The RRC is concerned that the plat as filed represents a legal location for the well that the wellbore is located within prescribed number of feet of the unit or lease lines. If there are multiple wells on the same acreage, then the RRC will look at acreage applied to each well and allowables. RRC does not concern itself with the acreage in the unit in a recorded DPU and certainly not with the acreage in an amended DPU. Nor does the operator have to file any amended plats when the unit acreage is increased. This is an issue between you as the mineral lessor and your lessee / operator. Has the operator filed a DPU for the 700 acres? You should have a copy of the recorded DPU and any amendments. Keep track of the unitized depths and formations. The operator may have expanded the unit size in order to hold the leases and to delay drilling additional wells. If new permits are filed, they should show the increased unit acreage.