Texas rrc /lavaca county & penn virginia (pva)

NEWLY EDITED…August 4,2013

Awaiting PVA & other Lavaca County operators 2nd quarter reports of which PVA, is due around August 8,2013. Recent industry reports showing several operator’s plan to increase drilling operations utilizing multi-well pads and longer laterals? With these operational updates comes questions? How many new drills will be permitted and drilled within Lavaca County during remainder of 2013? Review of RRC permits showed PVA with 15 permits from Jan thru April. From May until today 16 permits filed by PVA. The number of permits filed with RRC seems to be slowly Increasing? With 3rd quarter from September till end of 2013 even more permits must be filed “before” drilling can commence.

Hoping to initiate new discussion from Lavaca County mineral owners & area professionals. Lately there has been reduced postings on the Lavaca County blog.

Good luck to all !

was just re-leased by PV.

i was previously leased by conoco-phillips

Miles said:

Dianne; I have heard that PVA is as you note working to re-lease previous held leases to keep territory in Lavaca County. From being raided by other operators currently developing Lavaca County. I was recently told by PVA subcontractor that PVA intends to re-lease areas previously held & not currently being held by production, ie being drilled. The current plan articulated in PVA May 9, 2013 quarterly report to "lengthen laterals" requires re-leasing of previous leases. JMO , but this opinion is supported by PVA 2013 future plans for Lavaca County. While this is good there have been some mineral owners who have attempted to make excessive demands that PVA resisted & left as island surrounded by PVA held leases. Congrats on being re-leased.

Dianne Feray said:

was just re-leased by PV.

Miles, Do you know what would be the purpose of PVA surrounding other land and leave it as an island surrounded by PVA held leases, assuming the owner of such an "island" has made no demands on PVA?

All I can say is drill baby drill!!!!!!

We are in between the Martinsen, Othold and Hinze Units. So, I am very optimistic that we will be next. I keep searching for any new information on the Hinze Unit but can't find anything and as I understand it, PVA is very tight lipped about their findings.

Miles said:

Lol! I share your posted sentiment!

Amy Berger said:

All I can say is drill baby drill!!!!!!

We are pooled into the Pavlicek 1H. There was a completion problem on it as well as the Vana 1H. These were some of the early wells by Penn. They have definetly improved processes. They have just finished drilling the second and thrid wells on Vana and the second and thrid wells on Pavlicek have been permitted. For all you who are new to Penn Va. They are doing 70 acre spacing per there information in the reports. That means these 600-700 acre pools could eventually have 9-10 producing wells at an EUR of 500,000 barrels. Best of luck to all!!!!!!!

Miles said:

I agree that PVA is being very tight lipped? I search almost daily for updated production numbers and have seen zero monthly reports since March 2013? As noted in my post above I see only 7 units being reported by PVA in 2013. Anxiously awaiting PVA updated RRC production. Reviewing all 7 units clearly shows definitive upswing in production of unit reports available for review. Pavlicek unit only troubling report with significant drop from what began as poorly producing unit? Been almost 4 months since updated reports on PVA 2013 new drill units were posted by RRC? One can only assume positive results & PVA attempting to protect territory from other operators raiding & blowing up re-leasing costs to PVA investors? That seems a bit far fetched as the Eagle Ford is clearly being regarded as the most signifant oil & gas discovery in several decades in the United States. CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG! lol!

So for now we must simply exercise patience it seems.....

Kedasim,

Thank you so much for this information. Like everyone else here, I've been monitoring PV's activity in Lavaca County for some time now. We were just leased by them and were told that they are now doing title work on our portion which is the precursor to being placed in a pool. We are in the N. Mixon Survey. I have been very happy with the dealings I've had with PV and their drilling looks to be concise, consistent, and productive. Any additional information you can ever provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Kedasim said:

We are pooled into the Pavlicek 1H. There was a completion problem on it as well as the Vana 1H. These were some of the early wells by Penn. They have definetly improved processes. They have just finished drilling the second and thrid wells on Vana and the second and thrid wells on Pavlicek have been permitted. For all you who are new to Penn Va. They are doing 70 acre spacing per there information in the reports. That means these 600-700 acre pools could eventually have 9-10 producing wells at an EUR of 500,000 barrels. Best of luck to all!!!!!!!

Miles said:

I agree that PVA is being very tight lipped? I search almost daily for updated production numbers and have seen zero monthly reports since March 2013? As noted in my post above I see only 7 units being reported by PVA in 2013. Anxiously awaiting PVA updated RRC production. Reviewing all 7 units clearly shows definitive upswing in production of unit reports available for review. Pavlicek unit only troubling report with significant drop from what began as poorly producing unit? Been almost 4 months since updated reports on PVA 2013 new drill units were posted by RRC? One can only assume positive results & PVA attempting to protect territory from other operators raiding & blowing up re-leasing costs to PVA investors? That seems a bit far fetched as the Eagle Ford is clearly being regarded as the most signifant oil & gas discovery in several decades in the United States. CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG! lol!

Laura:

Where exactly is your land? Why I ask this, is because we are in the N Mixon survey also.

Laura Smothermon said:

Kedasim,

Thank you so much for this information. Like everyone else here, I've been monitoring PV's activity in Lavaca County for some time now. We were just leased by them and were told that they are now doing title work on our portion which is the precursor to being placed in a pool. We are in the N. Mixon Survey. I have been very happy with the dealings I've had with PV and their drilling looks to be concise, consistent, and productive. Any additional information you can ever provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Kedasim said:

Miles said:

Laura Smothermon said:

Kedasim,

Kedasim said:

Miles said:

Amy,

We are off of Highway 95 and Dolezal Drive near Shiner. Does this help?

Amy Berger said:

Laura:

Where exactly is your land? Why I ask this, is because we are in the N Mixon survey also.

Laura Smothermon said:

Kedasim,

Kedasim said:

Miles said:

Are you off of CR 356 back behind Kasper Wire Works?

Laura Smothermon said:

Amy,

Amy Berger said:

Laura:

Laura Smothermon said:

Kedasim,

Kedasim said:

Miles said:

Amy, I know that we are off of CR 356 but can't tell you if we are behind Kasper WW as I've only had access to online maps. I live in CA but all of my family lives in Fort Bend County, TX. Can you tell me anything about this area?

Amy Berger said:

Laura Smothermon said:

Amy,

Amy Berger said:

Laura:

Laura Smothermon said:

Kedasim,

Kedasim said:

Miles said:

I looked at an aerial photo of where Dolezal Drive is which is off of CR356 which looks to be behind Kasper Wire works of which is on Highway 95. What else do you want to know? I live in Houston, but my husband's uncle lives in Shiner.

Laura Smothermon said:

Amy, I know that we are off of CR 356 but can't tell you if we are behind Kasper WW as I've only had access to online maps. I live in CA but all of my family lives in Fort Bend County, TX. Can you tell me anything about this area?

Amy Berger said:

Laura Smothermon said:

Amy,

Amy Berger said:

Laura:

Laura Smothermon said:

Kedasim,

Kedasim said:

Miles said:

Amy, Just curious what kind of activity is going on. I monitor TRRC but it is always good to have eyes on the ground.

Amy Berger said:

I looked at an aerial photo of where Dolezal Drive is which is off of CR356 which looks to be behind Kasper Wire works of which is on Highway 95. What else do you want to know? I live in Houston, but my husband's uncle lives in Shiner.

Laura Smothermon said:

Amy Berger said:

Laura Smothermon said:

Amy,

Amy Berger said:

Laura:

Laura Smothermon said:

Kedasim,

Kedasim said:

Miles said:

As Far as I know Penn Va has only drilled wells as far as Sulpher Park. Or a little bit before that actually. From what I have heard the oily window is closer to Moulton and Gonzales. More dry gas the farther toward Shiner you go. Of course much of that is small town gossip. I live in Houston and get much of this second hand from friends still in the area and relatives. I do know that if Penn Va has leased your land and they deem it a good prospect that they will drill to hold the lease. The fill in drilling comes later just like what is now starting to go on toward Moulton area. Also remember we have a deeper shale below us that may come into play in the future and that is the Pearsall shale. Problem is that has even more Natural gas and less oil and NGL's that eagleford at least that is how I understand it.

Kedasim:

Go to Penn Virginia.com and there will be a presentation on there you can look at and possibly give you more information. I live in Houston also and I hear the small town gossip also, but I do my own research.

Yeah, I take everything with a grain of salt. The TRRC site is the best but it is two months behind on production numbers. You are correct no production numbers on the Joesph Simper well yet. They have just finished drilling the next to VANA wells have not fraced yet per friends.. Next up is Effenberger and then Pavlicek which all have approved W1's on the TRRC web site. I am told Penn Va had two drilling rigs going in the area. at 21-30 days for a drill should not be to long.

Hopefully we are next!!! You know what they say "all good things come to those who wait". Well, I am patiently waiting. :)

Hmm Mom must be wrong. Thought she said both VANA and JOESPH SIMPER were done. Yeah the D Rabb unit is not been going long enough. It took over two months for them to get the production reports online for our first well. Was completed in September last year. Mid December is when first numbers came on the TRRC site. And yeah these wells are close. It will be even closer when all the drilling is done.