Texas RRC GIS Property locator

I have tried to use the Texas RRC GIS map but my mineral deed description does not fit the search requirement. The description of my interests is: Surveys Numbered 13 and 14, in block A-56, Public School Land containing 1280 A. Can anyone give me some assistance in locating this property? Thanks ADS

Did your mineral interest originate from a Robert C Sharp? If so, it appears the surveys are actually section numbers. So, Sec 13 and 14, Blk A56, Winkler county, Texas. Go to Search Winkler County Public Property Records Online | CourthouseDirect.com click on “grantor/grantee indexes” and search SHARP ROBERT C as grantor. See Document ID #s A59745 and A83782. Have you been approached about signing an oil and gas lease? Do you mind sharing the name of the land company or oil company?

AJ11 – You are right on! I cannot dig into the CourthouseDirect.com website at this time but Robert Sharp is our Grantor.

The property was originally leased to Eagle Oil and Gas in Dallas. QEP Energy out of Denver evidently picked up our lease since they executed the lease extension. I am looking into the area status at this time since my lease will be expiring shortly.

Thanks for your info. ADS

You’re welcome! I believe Boyd & McWilliams in Midland, Texas acquired the QEP acreage. This is a listing dated October 2018 but I am uncertain if it pertains to your acreage.

Boyd & McWilliams owns the lease on your acreage. Call them now if you want a Release, it takes them a long time to get it out.

1 Like