Texas Plats?

Is there a site that offers plats or some map so that I can see my property lines?

I am interested in this same answer, I will be following this to see if you get an answer

I can see the basic property on Google Earth… I found the maps at TX-RRC and can see my section and my grandmother’s homestead … but where do we start and end? I can also see a cleared area on the edge, full of little shacks, but I don’t know if that is part of our land and something the tenant farmer has placed there, or whether that’s someone else’s land. I always hate to ask our tenant … it’s nicer to at least LOOK informed!

Stryker:

I don't know of any website that would show this information but this type of record should be on file at the Coutny Courthouse or the County Appraisal Office in the county where the property is located.

Thanks, Charles. I’ll be going there in November, and I guess I’ll have a look then. Many thanks.

Mr. Travis,

Do you own surface as well as minerals?

In Texas your best bet may be "county records.com".

You msy be able to pull up the last deed & get the legal description from that.

They are also trying to put up maps, but have done few county maps thus far.

The charge is usually $4 if you actually get a copy, but cheaper than a trip to the court house.

For an aerial the best I've found is "Flash Earth". There is no charge but the aerial is often several months out of date. I've not found a site that will give you a good current aerial of acreage.

Hello - yes, I own the surface .... I'll also check countryrecords.com. I can see a great aerial with Google Earth and Google Maps . . . . the problem is knowing my boundaries. I'll post my results here. Many thanks....

Well - that didn't take long - I can still edit this post. Countyrecords.com doesn't have my county, (Lubbock) but it seems like a great tool if one's county is included. Many thanks.

Well, www.lubbockcad.org has parcel maps, but we are JUST off the edge of what they have provided. I’ve emailed the legal description of our property to the “cad” responsible for the maps, so perhaps he can provide direction. Many thanks

Dear Mr. Travis,

You are on the right tract now. Your tax bill should have a "R" number on it. Ask them nicely to provide a plat showing your parcel and parcels, say, within 2 miles. Many appraisal districts will provide that for a nominal or no fee.

Many thanks Mr. Cotton. I can also see that my legal address is noted on a parcel on the maps at http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/data/online/gis/index.php#, but there’s an unlabeled parcel across the road that may be ours as well. I’ll definitely follow your suggestion and contact the county so that I have the full picture. Warm regards!

The little shacks are actually rows of cotton modules (compressed stacks of cotton). They appear in the fall and magically disappear in the winter.

Stryker Travis said:

I can see the basic property on Google Earth.... I found the maps at TX-RRC and can see my section and my grandmother's homestead .... but where do we start and end? I can also see a cleared area on the edge, full of little shacks, but I don't know if that is part of our land and something the tenant farmer has placed there, or whether that's someone else's land. I always hate to ask our tenant ... it's nicer to at least LOOK informed!

Ah, yes … the magic cotton modules - I’d forgotten about them. That’s probably part of it, but as I recall from our last visit, this is a space of several acres and on Google Earth there seem to be a hodgepodge of stuff in this “yard.” I just don’t know if it’s our property, but it looks like it from the RRC map. Another few years of Google Earth and we’ll be able to read license plates!