Texas Natural Resource Code

An operator brought 5H wells into production in Sept. of 2022. The wells are in production in Ward. I still have not seen a royalty check. The operator has my DO, but looking back on the document copy I see there is no date. The DO was very late in coming for me as well as other owners in the lease. Do I have Section 91.402(a) of the code available? If so is it automatic or have to be instigated by me? Thank you, Renniks

Texas statute requires royalties to start being paid 120 days after end of first month of production and sales which would be January 2023, with shorter days in subsequent months. This presumes your lease does not provide otherwise. There can be a valid delay if there are title issues with your minerals, but not if someone else has a title problem. Most operators have a one-month time lag if you return the division order too late in a month to meet the cut-off date for issuing a check. So a specific answer will depend on all the facts and circumstances in your specific situation. You could send an email to owner relations to ask when you will receive your first check.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.