Texas Mineral Interest Ownership?

Hi, Christian! There is no Block 8 in Section 270, there are only Lots 1 through 16. And I believe where the recitals further along in the legal description read “Sections 207, 255, 265, 271…” they have “207” transposed. That it should read “270”. There is no Section 207 of the H&GN included in the TVG&A. Just Scribner’s Errors.

If you will see the attached, R65’s interest appears to be in a pretty good area. It would have to be infinitesimal to only be worth $375.

MRF - R65 INFO, TVG&A, A-1868, REEVES CO, TX.pdf (308.3 KB)

Definitely in a good area! However, the interest in question is around 0.05 NMA.

Respectfully disagree with you on the legal. As you can see on the TVA&A plat, there is a Block 8 in Section 270 and Section 207 is also included. The recitals seek to clarify all of the blocks included in the original plat.

1 Like

@Christian_P, yes, I agree advice on “joke” or “no joke” is premature without knowing NMA. Are you guessing at the 0.05 NMA or were you able to pull this information from the little bit that was provided by R65? If it’s actually 0.05 NMA, $500 would have been my guess for this area, but if attorney’s are involved that difference of price is splitting hairs.

There are producing wells on this acreage, which should have royalty payments / taxes associated, which should help determine NMA. Contacting the owner relations departments of operators of the wells in those sections would be where I’d start, as it’d be a free way to gather more info on the interest involved. I know you’ve already contacted an attorney, but for anyone else reading this, tracking down royalty payments and pay decimals (at least, if you know the description of the acreage and use the RRC maps or historical pay stubs to determine that there are active, producing wells) are a good place to start these investigations.

1 Like

Hi Guys, Appreciate all the input because this is all foreign to me. I have been in contact with a Gas and Oil attorney. Evidently it looks like we own 6% of one net mineral acre. Which I guess is very small. I’ll let all this rest for now. Once again, I greatly appreciate everyone’s input. Happy Holiday’s to all.

R65

1 Like

Opps, my bad!

Thank you for clarifying the situation, Christian, and I am sure R65 and his Sisters will appreciate it as well.

I was working with what DrillingInfo has as to offer as a map of the TVG&A, not the original Subdivision Plat that you posted. I mistook the Blocks of the TVG&A as being Lots and the DI map was waay off.

In DI’s defense, as I understand it their mapping subdivisions layers are what they received from the Counties, so what they have to offer is apparently somewhat limited.

DI MAP - TVG&A SUBD.pdf (54.6 KB)