Texas Division Order Property Description Incorrect

I received a new division order from an operator taking over control from a previous operator. The new property description came as describing the property as the “NE/4” instead of “E/2” from the previous versions of Division Order I have on file.

This property is part of a communitized lease that the is E/2 of the Section. After questioning the Division Order Analyst, they stated “It appears that this was just how the property came over during the conversion from the previous operator, but it appears to be a communitized lease as to the E/2 so the property description in the system should likely reflect the E/2 instead of the NE/4.”

They later stated that no new Division Order will be mailed. My question to the group is, How do I handle this situation? Should I correct the division order, sign and return? Thank you in advance for your help with this question.

I would correct the Division Order and return it by certified mail return receipt. Send a copy of your old one with it.

1 Like

Many of us use the NADOA form instead of the company Division Order. You want to make sure that the DO does not change the terms of the lease. Many of them try to slip in charges that were not originally allowed on the lease. The NADOA form is much shorter and simpler and contains all the relevant data. You may have to transfer info from the company division order regarding the names, addresses, decimals, etc.

0_NADOA_Division Order Model Blank Form 2017v 2.pdf (78.2 KB)

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.