Texas County, OK Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Texas County, OK oil & gas discussion group. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

Chris, The only activity going on in Texas Co. is like every where else in the country, oil. There isn't much oil in the county except Whiting's waterflood-CO2 flood up in the Hough area. Mid-Con Energy has bought some of the smaller fields and is trying to continue waterflooding them. I know they have drilled a few east of where your property is in 34-3-15. I don't know what type of success they are having. The War-Party waterfloods east and south of your property was discovered by Texaco and then farmed out to EOG Resources. They developed it and recovered alot of oil and then decided to sell it to Mid-Con instead of developing it any further. On Mid-Con's web page they claim they are the waterflood people as they specialize in waterfloods. We will see out here in Texas Co. as they have purchased alot of the small old oil fields. I know they have drilled an injection well up around Sturgis in Cimarron Co. and have drilled 2 wells south of Eva as well as the 3 wells east of Guymon. The only other development maybe eastern Texas Co. as some think Unit Petroleum will try and extend the horizontal Marmaton oil play west into Texas Co. from Beaver Co. Hope this information helps, Lawrence.

Hello, I need help. For some reason I can not find how to get info on an old well site I inherited many years ago. It is being held by production (hardly any) and I want to know what if anything is going on around the area.

Legal is SW/4 Sec.23 6No 11 E any help would be appreciated, Karen

We have some minerals in 15-4-10 and have been approached by Pam McKibban from Amarillo on behalf of Modesto Leasing Corp. out of Liberal. They are offering $50/acre. Their lease doesn't look to whippy. Does anyone have any experience with them? Does anyone know the going rate for that area of Texas County?

Pam,

There have been quite a few dry holes drilled in section 15. It looks like there were a couple of oil wells drilled on the north side of the section back in the mid 1950's. I couldn't determine how much oil they produced. Section 15 appears to be on the edge of what is referred to as the NW Eva field which was discovered in the mid to late 1950's. It looks like the main play is up in sections 10 & 11. I don't know who Modesto is leasing for but I remember they were doing some leasing in your area a year or so ago. First National Oil was or is still the operator of the leases up in section 10. They used to have an office in Liberal but the main guy lived in California when I knew of their operation. It seems to me the last time I saw anything regarding First National Oil their address was in Florida.

I think the $50.00/a offer is way low. You know the only product anyone is interested in, is oil at this time. We leased a quarter approx. 6 miles south of you back in Nov. of 2012 and got $200.00/a, 3/16 and a 3 year lease. We were in a similar position as Mid-Con Energy out of Tulsa had bought an old oil field laying west of our 1/4 and I assumed they wanted to waterflood the whole field. Mid-Con claims to be the waterflood experts and have purchased a lot of older fields in Texas & Cimarron Co.'s. Maybe who ever is trying to lease up your interest is going to do something similar. And then again they may have other plans. I did notice up in sections 10 & 11 they had or have production coming out of the cherokee and middle morrow formations for oil. I would just be cautious. Do you know how much of the section they are trying to lease and do you know any of the other mineral owners in the section? If you know of any other mineral owners Modesto is trying to lease from you could call them and see if they would give you any information. I keep my ears open.

Lawrence

Thanks, Lawrence for the information. It confirms what I was thinking.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-citys-chaparral-energy-to-pay-160-million-for-panhandle-acreage/article/3894767

Went and drove around the Beaver/Texas county line area last week… Been 6 months or longer since I had chance to… Around the 19ecm and 20ecm areas… Was surprised with numbers of new pads/wells and rigs in the area south of hwy3… Anyone have any info to share on new leases, who to r productions???

Robert,

The main players for the southern Beaver/Texas county line are Unit Petr. & Chaparral with Chaparral mainly on the Beaver Co. side. I don't know what the lease rates are going for. I see where Unit in their pooling orders offers 2 choices, $550.00/a and 3/16 royalty or $500.00/a and 1/5 royalty. Looking @ completions on the Texas Co. side the few wells reported showed 30-43 bbl.'s / day, a little gas and anywhere from 1300-1600 bbl.'s water / day. I don't think they have drilled enough wells yet to get a ideal of where the better areas are. Just have to wait and see.

Lawrence Lindley

I recently acquired from my father oil royalties from BreitBurn Operating L.P. the well names are Hovey Morrow Unit Tr 30,33.34. I am new to this type of investing and wonder if any one can suggest ways to find out information about these wells. Thank you, Steve

Steve goto Oklahoma corp commission web page can look them up by name or legal… Give you good info on well… Can also read through posts here lots of good info…

Thank you Robert, I will check it out. I like this forum, I just discovered it this week.

Lots good info… Not sure where your minerals are… Biggest activity right now over on beaver/Texas county line

Steve What is section ,township and range?

Section 15-2N-14E and section 29-2N-13E

My name is Troy Curtis, a landman, with Concho Land Company in Freedom, OK as well as Oklahoma City. I thought while times are slower, I would offer to help with any questions people may have in general and post my email, conchojobs@gmail.com for any and all questions. I also wanted to offer our services for individuals in need of mineral research or help with production related concerns in all Oklahoma Counties and the surrounding states.

House Bill 2177 is being discussed in the Oklahoma House right now, and it impacts royalty owners. It's worth the time to read and listen to this.
http://okenergytoday.vbulletin.net/forum/main-forum/324-a-must-read-and-listen-about-house-bill-2177

Can anyone interpret this for me? The comments on the completion report for a well in Texas county: THE SUBJECT WELL IS CURRENTLY SHUT-IN DUE TO HIGHLINE PRESSURE. CAERUS WILL FILE AN AMENDED FORM 1002A WITH TEST DATA WHEN AVAILABLE. THE FORMATION TOPS ARE TVDS. THE LOGS HAVE BEEN MAILED TO THE OCC. PLEASE NOTE A CEMENT SQUEEZE WAS PERFORMED ON THE SUBJECT WELL. SQUEEZE HOLES WERE SHOT AT 5,876’ - 5,878’. 150 SACKS OF CEMENT WAS USED. THE CEMENT REPORT FOR THE SQUEEZE HAS BEEN REQUESTED AND WILL BE SUBMITTED ONCE RECEIVED. IRREGULAR SECTION.

Hello all,
It's been a while since I have posted, but I received an offer from the operator, Breitburn, to buy my interests. It seems a bit low, and I am not sure how to find out an honest value. And what happens if I decide not to sell? I know Breitburn is deep in debt. Can they stop pumping if I say no? It is in the Hovey Morrow area. Has anyone else received an offer?