Termination of Mineral Interest after 40 years

If it has been longer than 40 years and we have never filed a "Notice of Intent to Preserve Mineral Rights" have we lost our mineral rights? The property has changed surface ownership a few times durring this period but no activity has gone on regarding the minerals. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Larry

What state?

Hello…in California.

Nancy Mosley said:

What state?

Does Texas have this type of law?

Nancy Mosley said:

What state?

Tx does not have a dormant minerals law. If your minerals were produced, the taxes have to be paid or you could lose your minerals. Please excuse the off topic.

JBob said:

Does California have dormant mineral laws?

r w kennedy said:

Tx does not have a dormant minerals law. If your minerals were produced, the taxes have to be paid or you could lose your minerals. Please excuse the off topic.

JBob said:

Mr. Elder, I’m certain they do. I didn’t delve too deeply but I got several hits, with a cursory internet search. I think you should look and make a statement of claim soon as possible if you haven’t already.

Dear Larry,

I only know a little of Texas. So here in Texas if you sell the land, and don't put in a mineral Reservation to keep the minerals then you lose them, they transfer with the property. Is this what you did 40 years ago?

Chris