TC Clay - oil/gas well legal description

How do I go about getting a legal description of a well?

Texas Railroad Commission’s website includes survey plats an operator files with their application for a drilling permit. If a well is completed and a producing unit is formed the operator records a unit designation document in the County deed records.

Post any information you have on the well…like County, lease name, operator, general location and approximately when drilled…and someone should be able to help you pin down the location.

1 Like

There are 4 wells in Washington Co, TC Clay. All I have is an account number from Unclaimed Property in Oklahoma. These are leases that belong to my deceased mother, but no legal description on the property. I have contacted Chevron, awaiting their response. account # 1659577 and property ID 7630597 is all I have from the state.

@theresa, there are 4 wells with a lease name of T.C. Clay in Washington County, TX in the SE corner of A-93, which is the SF Perry and EF Austin Survey, about 10 miles north of Brenham, TX. The well API numbers are 42-477-30295, 42-477-30296, 42-477-30298 & 42-477-30299. Easiest to find by searching for the last 8 digits of the API number on the RRC map. The current operator is Brenham Drilling Company, and the output from the wells is very low…about 5 barrels per month all together from RRC lease 11680. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you. I left a message with Brenham Drilling yesterday. Hopefully, I get a phone call back

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.