Tax assessor question

I have been conveyed some mineral interest over in Colorado. I have filed all documents with the County Clerk but I am curious whether I also need to file documents with the tax accessors office. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!


Non producing minerals are only taxed in Colorado if they are severed from the surface and only then on a county by county basis, like Routt wants you to pay no matter what where as Weld normally won't bill you unless there is a large enough interest as their cost eats up any tax payments on small interest and they'd lose money. Bottom line is call the county and ask, if they want to tax you they will make record of your billing info and send yearly tax bills to you.