T142N R98W Sec 6 : Any recent leases or offers?

We recently received an initial lease offer for 6.25 NMA with a bonus of $200 per NMA, 3/16ths royalty, 3 year term and charging post-production costs.

Has anyone received an offer, or leased in that area recently?

1 Like

If this is Continental, they are bumping up their offers.

It is. What has been your experience?

Last year they were at $100.

1 Like

Yes. We signed a lease last summer in T 143 N 99 W Section 31. Our experience has been limited so far. Maybe things are picking up…

Hello everyone. Can some one tell me about what is happening around T142N/R99W. A lot of different offers for leasing, one sneaky offer to sign a lease with no money offer–a closed in well??? Offers to purchase minerals maybe 33, 28,27??? Lease offers for Evonuik minerals? I do know that the one 10 year old or more? Basaraba well was a good producer without ever having been fracked? Is someone planning on fracking it now? Why all this sudden activity after all these slow years?

Last leases filed were in sect 17 and 20 in 2019. Continental drilled a long horizontal from 4-142N-99W north in 2019 so they might be sniffing around to lease under a leasing company name. I see some leases with your last name in section 5 back in 2014, but no drilling. Horizontal drilling has had tremendous advances in technology in the last ten years. I tend to collect lease offers and choose closer to drilling. Ask the landmen who they are leasing for, what horizon they plan to drill and when. The clauses in the lease are more important than the bonus. If you have not leased in a while, better to get an attorney to look at the lease and negotiate for better terms.

2 Likes

What do you see in 143 N 99 W section 31 near lot 2? We signed a lease but are also interested in recent activity. Thanks!

Nothing new at the moment… 31-143N-99W

Lots of interest in section 33, T142N, R99W. Offers to buy mineral rights. Has anyone had any lease offers on that?

1 Like

I do not see any filings in that section in the last two years. Multiple offers to buy implies someone knows something. Time will tell.

1 Like

$1600 an acre to buy unleased minerals in Section 33. $1000 an acre to buy on near by with producing old wells. $800 an acre to buy 2-3 miles away–half not leased-half with an old well. Any thoughts? On the far away, was paid a lease bonus of $1700 an acre in 2012. XTO never drilled.

I was looking for history of a permit or drilling on 4-142N-99W. was there a typo?

so if someone owned minerals in 9-142N-99W, would that not be part of the same pool? (sec 4 and 9 are one unit) Do you know if this well produced?

Continental drilled the Boulder Federal 9-4H1 with first production in 2019. It goes north into section 36, not south into 9. The spacing unit is 4 & 36. The well is still producing. This is the plat. Seems like it should have been section 33, but there is a river there and that may have changed the section numbers over time.

1 Like

Thank you for identifying the well. I believe Boulder Federal 9-4H1 is in Township 152 / 99

You are right. Drilling info had it in the wrong place, I did search in 142N.

The North Dakota state site is being revamped. I will check when it is back online.

1 Like

Spoke with a land man two days ago. He says there is a permit to drill a three mile long well coming into Section 33 T142N R99W. Guess what I just found. Bismarck Tribune. March 1, 2022

Case No. 29255: Application of Continental Resources, Inc. for an order amending the field rules for the St. DemetriusBakken Pool, Billings County, ND, so as to create and establish an overlapping 1920-acre spacing unit comprised of Section 33, T.142N., R.99W. and Sections 4 and 9, T.141N., R.99W., authorizing the drilling of a total not to exceed four wells on said proposed overlapping 1920-acre spacing unit, and /or such further relief. Case No. 29256: Application of Conti

1 Like

What happens to the royalties on the existing wells? are they pooled into 3 sections now? isn’t 32-33 already an existing spacing?

1 Like

Its overlapping. The wells on 1280s are paid on 1280s and the well on 1920 is paid on 1920 acres. Its just like when they approve a well on the boundary between two 1280s as a 2560 acre spacing unit. The old wells stay as they were. The old XTO Jilek well in 32/33 is plugged. But there is a CLR well in 4/9.

I guess these days it makes sense to drill 250kbo 3 mile wells.

1 Like