T. J. Metcalf Survey or J. Parker Survey lease prices?

Does anyone have a sense of the current terms for lease prices & terms for the T. J. Metcalf Survey or J. Parker Survey. This is just East SE of Palestine in Anderson Cty.

Looks like there was some old production in the area; anyone know/heard of recent activity?

Has anyone been approached lately in that area by producers? Thanks all!

Welcome to our forum. We leased our minerals near Neches in Nov. of 2011 and I think we were one of the first in that I don't know anyone who leased before us. We got $150 and 3/16ths and I know a lot of neighbors and friends who got the same. However the leases started going up and I have had conversations with many who have got up to $250 and 1/5th since we leased. These better leases are between Neches and Frankston and one lease was about 8 miles west of Palestine. I have a large Anderson Co. survey map and I can't find the Metcalf survey but I found a Jesse Parker and a John Parker survey. How far east of Palestine do you think your interest is and who has contacted you about a lease?. Be sure you read other comments on all the Anderson Co forums, like Leasing acttivity in Northern Anderson Co, Anderson Co oil and gas discussions, and oil and gas buzz in Anderson co. Good luck on your deal. John

Thanks, John. They are listed as T. J. Metcalf Survey, A-548, and J. Parker Survey, A-602. Map here: http://gis2.rrc.state.tx.us/public/startit.htm?api=00132715

Does anyone have a recommendation of a knowledgeable and up-to-date oil & Gas attorney who knows the Anderson County market? Thanks all!

I haven't used these guys but I have met both of them and heard them speak, one at a conference at the Tex A&M research center at Overton and one at a Kilgore Jr. College sponcered meeting for land and mineral owners meeting in Longview. I was very impressed by both Dean Searle of Marshal and Robert Minton of Henderson.

There have been no new leases recently in those two surveys, but there is leasing activity nearby, in the R Brown, MH Jones, R Rucker, and N Cannon Surveys. Anderson County is currently seeing the most leasing activity since the 1930s, and what is happening now may exceed those numbers. Neches and Brushy Creek are really hot areas, and there appear to be multiple horizontal drilling plays that are being developed by major E&P companies via dummy leasing companies.

Thanks Alan very interesting. Those surveys had previous production, now capped it appears. I guess the E&Ps believe they missed a bunch and a vertical approach will be effective. Hoping they are correct!

Alan Herrington said:

There have been no new leases recently in those two surveys, but there is leasing activity nearby, in the R Brown, MH Jones, R Rucker, and N Cannon Surveys. Anderson County is currently seeing the most leasing activity since the 1930s, and what is happening now may exceed those numbers. Neches and Brushy Creek are really hot areas, and there appear to be multiple horizontal drilling plays that are being developed by major E&P companies via dummy leasing companies.

Thank you John. Do you think local guys, like these. would have any advantage, for lease negotiation/terms, than an experienced O&G atty out of Ft. Worth?

john cundieff said:

I haven't used these guys but I have met both of them and heard them speak, one at a conference at the Tex A&M research center at Overton and one at a Kilgore Jr. College sponcered meeting for land and mineral owners meeting in Longview. I was very impressed by both Dean Searle of Marshal and Robert Minton of Henderson.

These men are in their late 60's or 70's and have a lot of east Tex experience but that is not to say some lawyer in Ft Worth would be better. A lease is a lease whether it is in Tex or Montana so I would just go with someone that you feel confortable with. Good luck, John

Alan, I found your comment about the possibility of horizontal drilling in our area very interesting. When all this leasing started a year and half ago the buzz word was "eaglebine". This started in the south Tex eagleford when drillers occasionally struck good oil wells when drilling for gas and as gas prices went down and oil prices went up they started targeting the woodbine which was imbedded with the eagle ford. The president of EOG in a Houston newspaper article a year ago stated that this formation would eventually reach 400 miles into east Tex and it has but a geologist named Mark on the eagleford mineral forum stated that the eagleford of south Tex is a carbonate meaning it has more organic matter which is necessary for oil and gas to be "cooked" by the heat and pressure. The rich organic eagleford ends around Madison and Leon counties and as the eagleford runs on north to our area it isn't organic enough for hydrocarbons to form. But the formation takes a right 90 degree turn in Madison co and crosses Louisiana as the Tuscaloosa shale and it is organic and produces oil and gas.I have an old (50 years) geology degree and I tend to believe Mark and I would like to hear more of your comments about horizontal drilling around us. There is some talk about the eastward expansion of the Fairway field which runs between Frankston and Pointer and produces mostly from the James lime but there is some hope that the Petit which is deeper could be targeted. The Stone well brought in a year ago 4 miles south of Frankston produces from the Pettit and there are a few permits issued in that area for more drilling. I see you live in Palestine so any items of interest you may pick up, pass them on and I'll do the same. One can hear a lot of gossip and news around the round table at the Neches store where I occasionally go as it is near our land but truth and myth there is almost indistinguishble at times. John