SWN leases

Hello everyone. I’m looking for any info on where to find a lease or pooling order for some property in Arkansas. We inherited the mineral rights and the company has been very good to us so far but I’m not sure how much we are getting paid per acre yet. I think they should be posted somewhere for me to look up with the numbers on our wells is that correct? It’s a slow process the way I’ve been looking them up

OGL's may be filed in the courthouse. If not, then there is likely an assignment filed in its place. Pooling orders may be found on the website of the O & G Commission. They are not necessarily easy to find as Arkansas and Oklahoma have a big contest to see who can have the lousiest website in the nation. It at least got rid of the java junk.

Perhaps the quick way to find the application is on the google earth overlay at the website.

Download the integrations kml or kmz file, load google earth & go to that section-twp-rge and click on the query mark, it should lead you to the application. The production records are also on line.- that's the menu that makes you want to go to the Commission and call them names. Terrible interface.

http://www.aogc.state.ar.us/Maps_GoogleEarth.htm

http://www.aogc2.state.ar.us/welldata/

The terms of your lease are probably very pro-SWN. They typically would not budge and now have pretty much dominated everyone else (who have figured out that the Fayetteville play, on average, has been a very low margin property at $3 gas.)

Your check stubs (which you should keep and keep in order) will tell you what the check is for, when, and how much production was, what the price is and what your division of interest is.

If a well crosses a drilling unit (section, pool, etc.) then you will get a percent of that you would if the well lies entirely within your drilling unit.

So if you have 40 acres in a 640 acre unit, and a well is 100% in that section. The lease is (probably) 1/8th royalty. So 40÷640 = 0.0625 x 1/8 = 0.0078125 and if the well is a cross section well, and you have 39% of it in your drilling unit, then your division of interest (DOI) is 0.00304688

Each well will have its own DOI (keep them too as these are not recorded in the courthouse)

Check their math. I recently found a lady was being paid for 30 acres but owned 40 and that had gone on at least since the 1970s.

Wow thank you for all the good information I will do my best to try to figure it out!