Swd well

WHAT IS MY LIABILTY OF HAVING A WELL DRILLED ON MY PROPERTY. IM IN GONZALES COUNTY' ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED

I would certainly encourage you to get a reputable firm (i.e., one that can test and provide results that will stand up in court) to test your well water at the source of your supply (i.e. at the wellhead), just to get a base line for any future contamination issues, prior to the installation of the SWD, if at all possible.

KD said:

I would certainly encourage you to get a reputable firm (i.e., one that can test and provide results that will stand up in court) to test your well water at the source of your supply (i.e. at the wellhead), just to get a base line for any future contamination issues, prior to the installation of the SWD, if at all possible. IDO NOT HAVE A WELL ON PROPERTY. RIGHT NOW ITS BEING USED AS A HAY MEADOW

Scott:

The answer to your question is numerous liabilities exist to the landowner when a SWD well is drilled. Instead of going into detail on this post, you can just "google" in the box at the top of this page, "SWD Well" and you can read multiple posts from the past which deals with situations like yours. There are some very good ideas on what a landowner should be aware of prior to the drilling of a SWD well on the property.