Susquehanna County PA ogm rights

My son has 11 acreas. Oil gas rights are with 90 yr old man in Florida. There’s a no contact rule, and my son has 1st refusal rights if he dies. If he dies do we have to do anything? What’s our next move?

A bit confused by the question. Does your son have mineral rights with first refusal to lease or to buy or what? If the gentleman passes away, then you would need to contact a PA oil and gas attorney to see if probate passes them to your son or not. Be sure you have all documents that you know about in your possession. The attorney may be able to find out more. If one inherits, they need to make sure that his/her name and address are properly filed in the county where the minerals are located-along with any title information and legal description.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.