Suspense account

I was contacted in 2016 by the land man of carrizo oil. About mineral rights in weld county that had belonged to my father. He sold the land kept the rights.
I was told by the land man that money was held in a suspense account totaling above $50,000. After all was said and done I only received a check for $6,200. Why?

The landman may have been wrong about the amount or the fund may have been for a number of mineral owners, not just you, and the check represented your share. You can contact the county official in charge of the suspense account (probably the county clerk) and ask how the check to you was calculated.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.