Surge / moss creek not responding to emails

I have received mineral rights checks from Surge/ Moss creek for about a year. In December and January, the checks stopped and they are not responding to emails. Anyone else having the same issue?

Could be a variety of issues:

1. your royalties haven’t reached the minimum threshold to send out (i.e. under $25, $50, etc.)
  2. There could be a title issue and they’re putting interests in suspense until it gets figured out

Did you email/call the owner relations department?

Thank you for the response. I always meet the minimum so it may be a research issue. Some sort of communication would be nice especially if the source of income abruptly stops. I have emailed them twice and my sibling has also. No response to either of us. Phone calls are not answered. Again thank you for the help. We will continue with the calls and emails

I received a response from Surge this morning that they will look into the issue.

Still nothing. Very poor customer service

I finally heard from Mineral Owner’s Relations. I was overpaid on a well. They drilled a well under my Grandmother and another one under my Great Grandmother’s name. I am 61 years old so using their names doesn’t make sense and they were sending checks to my mother. When we claimed the well which took months, they sent a backpay check. They made an error and I owe them money. This is the second time that they ‘overpaid’ me. Do I have any rights asking for a full accounting statement? They claim my brother owes less money than me and we have the same owner’s percentage AND received the same back pay amount. At the point, I will be depositing their checks to my saving account because I cannot depend on their accounting methods.

1 Like

I have had the exact same thing happen to me. They hardly respond and can’t seem to understand their accounting methods.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.